Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  19:05:19  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Right, what to do??

My viv is finished, just in the process of setting it up now. Have heating and lighting in and once I've decided on a substrate, I can get the temperatures set right etc. Just need to buy some hides etc but I'm putting this off until I know what size snake I end up with.

That's my problem! I have a 3ft viv because I like the idea of a natural display and never wanted to house a hatchling in a RUB.

But!!! I've seen a stunning butter motley for sale locally which is about 4-5 months old. Would this be ok in my viv if I pack it with silk plants, hides etc? It's got an excellent eating record and I'm evry tempted.

Will get some picks up for you when the decor is in. I know how much you guys like photos.

Bud

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  19:49:49  Show Profile
Aspen/hemp is a popular substrate and it lets the snake burrow.

Is it small enough to get through the gap between the sheets of glass?

Have you considered housing it in a RUB inside the viv? Then you can be near certain it will feed fine and you can introduce it to the viv every now and then until its big enough?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:11:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
or just putting in a temporary divider and using half for the snake and half for storing all the stuff and equipment?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
or get the little one and keep it in a rub, and get a larger more suitable snake for the big viv.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  19:31:56  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

or get the little one and keep it in a rub, and get a larger more suitable snake for the big viv.

Unfortunately, not an option. It took some hefty persuasion and decorating time to get the OH to agree to 1!
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  19:34:38  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

or just putting in a temporary divider and using half for the snake and half for storing all the stuff and equipment?

That will actually be quite a simple solution. Wouldn't even need to buy a new heatmat, I could just have half of the one I've got in the section of viv housing the snake.

Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  19:41:33  Show Profile
its not the one in portsmouth your after is it? thats the one i want!! waiting for a reply to hopefully get it tonite coz he`s going away for a week in the morning

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  21:08:19  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by solid

its not the one in portsmouth your after is it? thats the one i want!! waiting for a reply to hopefully get it tonite coz he`s going away for a week in the morning

No, the one you want is safe. The one I'm considering is in a local reptile shop.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000