New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  19:51:32  Show Profile
Hi everyone.

About 6 days ago, I stopped feeding my snake pinkies and gave him 2 fuzzies (which he wolfed down with very little problem). Since then he has pretty much stayed under the kitchen towel/logs in his little cage. I noticed his eyes turn blue and thought he's just getting ready to shred and wasn't unduly concerned. He's obviously been out at some point as there was a bit of a mess in one corner of his cage but he just seemed very inactive. Tonight I thought I've had enough and I'm going to get him out, check he's ok. Anyway, his eyes are black again and it appears that he's shed but I can't find the skin. Is this possible. Can he eat it. There's one part of the cage I've not checked as I don't really want to disturb him until I've spoken to you guys.
Is it usual for them to be so docile? Could I have over-fed him. He's just had a good drink of his water and his tongue was tasting the air while he was out but now he's gone back to his usual spot.
Sorry there's stacks of questions but I'm just a little concerned.
Any advice would obviously be much appreciated.

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:01:03  Show Profile
Hes had a much bigger meal so is probably thinking 'stick a fork in me, i'm stuffed' you dont feel like going for a jog after a roast dinner do you? As for shedding his eyes will go cloudy for a couple of days then clear again then it can be anything from 2 to 10 days before they shed so he may not have yet. It seams like he's active enough when you get him out so i wouldn't bo to worried.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:01:43  Show Profile
Hes probably taking a bit more time to digest his meal.

After they eyes go blue they will go back to normal (with the body remaianing dull). The snake should shed a few days after so its likly he hasnt shed yet.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:25:19  Show Profile
Thanks very much Tizzy & Matty. I didn't realise the eyes went back to black again. I know what you mean about having a big meal I was just getting a bit concerned that he was being too docile. Must say Tizzy, he didn't enjoy it when I tried sticking a fork in him but I've given him your address.
Anyway, feel much happier now.
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:43:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ellisethan

Must say Tizzy, he didn't enjoy it when I tried sticking a fork in him but I've given him your address.
Anyway, feel much happier now.
Thanks again

Well i didn't mean literallly!

I'm glad you feeling re-assured anyway , i tell everyone shedding is much more stressfull for the snake owner than it is for the snake!!!

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:48:58  Show Profile
Re-assured indeed.

Just kiddin about giving him your address.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000