She shed!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  08:17:13  Show Profile
My corn shed over night, this is the first time with me :) I've just measured her shed skin and it's 33" long. How much would you expect her to have grown?

How soon will she feed? I offered her a mouse yesterday which is still there but obviously it's going to get rather smelly soon so I need to know whether to chuck it or not.

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  08:46:48  Show Profile
generally i think they need to be left a couple of days, Ramesses shed the night before jan 19th and then ate on the evening on the 20th so that was nearly 2 days afterwards...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  10:23:09  Show Profile
Thanks Jono. I guess I can't refreeze the mouse can I?

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  16:21:14  Show Profile
James continued eating through the shed process, but i've heard some corns just don't fancy eating...

Nope, i think the mouse needs chucking now!

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  17:11:49  Show Profile
My two Corns eat when blue and immediately after shedding- they are greedy and nothing deters them. But all snakes are different.

You can re-freeze food items after thawing as long as the mouse has not been out for too long (<12 hours I would say) BUT many people prefer not to re-freeze. Personally i don't. When my Royal refuses a mouse I just feed it to the Corns!

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  08:27:10  Show Profile
She's still not eating and this is the 2nd mouse I've had to throw out. I haven't got any other snakes to feed them to. What's the longest they can go without before I need to start worrying?

Edited by - n/a on 24/02/2009 09:29:56
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  08:40:02  Show Profile
a good few weeks, ramesses didnt eat for about 14 days but he was fine and then he just started going for it again...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  09:30:45  Show Profile
I won't worry just yet then. Thanks. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000