paranoid about feed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  11:14:31  Show Profile
hiya. My 6 and a half month baby has been on two pinkies a week for a month now and we were thinking of moving her up to fluffs. We bought a few for her and last night tried her on the smallest one we had. It was at most 1.5 times wider then her widest part, however she seemed to really struggle with it. Usually within a minute a pinky is gone but she took a gd 15-20 mins getting the fluff down. Partly we thought one of the fluffs feet got caught on her bottom lip, which made it a bit difficult to get down. We were really panicking at the time and she did not want us to take it away from her (greedy bugger). She is fine now, but we are unsure whether we had given her fluffs before she could handle them, or whether she was just adjusting to the new size and therefore took longer then usual. Should we go back to a couple of pinkies or keep trying? Thanks for any advise

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  12:32:25  Show Profile
This happened to us with James too!

It also took almost 6 days before the bulge was digested, and was quite a bit longer before he did a poo. Afterwards we went back to the pet shop and asked if they had any suggestions, and they gave us the largest pinkies they had, which were almost but not quite as big as a fuzzy. James is handling these fine and has no problem, so when he has finished the bag he can try a fuzzy again

Good luck with your snake!

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  12:39:31  Show Profile
i've read that quite a lot of people go for the 3 pinkie option for a while, i haven't tried it myself as Ramesses can just about got for 2 sometimes...
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  21:40:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i'd stick with the fuzzy providing it's not more than 1.5 times her own girth, she's just learning how to eat something that size and should soon wolf them down

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  22:14:30  Show Profile
Yeah id back up Gp, gave my bigger corns rat fuzzies this week as i couldn't get any large mice, only a wee bit bigger and they struggled but once down are doing fine, just takes them a while to get used too that size increase. If they have a visable bulge after a 6 too long or regurge then it would be cause for concern but for now no need to worry.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  22:49:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I'm with GP too, fuzzies are better for them if they can take them and now that she's done one it'll get easier.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  21:22:28  Show Profile
Thankyou for all the advice... i think we will try again next week with a fluff. We have not had her out yet since its not been 48hrs but she is active in the viv (apart from still being a bit fat lol) and she seems happy!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000