hopper mice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  12:20:20  Show Profile
I have heared lots of things about these. Should i feed them or not?

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  13:45:43  Show Profile
Hopper mice??? I've never heard of them... maybe you should stick to normal mice, they seem to work well enough with everyone else...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  13:51:44  Show Profile
they are a size in between fuzzies and small mice but some people say not to use them
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  15:01:34  Show Profile
oh... does anyone say why you shouldnt use them? surely if they are the right size for the snake then its all good in the hood
Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  17:24:07  Show Profile
Nothing wrong in feeding them to your snake. Sizes of mice vary significantly from shop to shop anyway. One mans hopper (or crawler) is another mans small mouse. As long as it is a suitable size for the snake to eat, feed it.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  18:43:00  Show Profile
Like above, if its the right size then there is no reson not to offer it.

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  11:54:18  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
this is an interesting post, personally this is how i judge food sizes for mice. as its nice and simple. theres 6 sizes or stages of mice your corn snake would be on as it grows to adult size of the 4 to 5 foot range.
Level 1 - Pinkies
Level 2 - Fuzzies
Level 3 - Small mice/hoppers - (same thing)
Level 4 - Medium mice
Level 5- Large mice
Level 6 - Extra Large mice

My 2 and a half year old 3 and a half foot corn is on Large mice which i call level 5. I havent seen an extra large mouse yet but when my corn snake is in the 4 to 5 foot range i will seek them out for him. it would be interesting to see the size comparison of a large (level 5) mouse to an extra large (level 6) mouse.
i know you dont see them on the internet sites for some reason but in pet shops i have seen some enourmous adult corn snakes absoloutely huge, even held one a few weeks ago.
would easily be able to take to large mice and still have an appetite for more.
for some strange reason though i havent seen any corn snakes of this enourmous size on any internet sites, as everyones talking about their new baby corn snake.

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  13:39:32  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by heatseeker872591

this is an interesting post, personally this is how i judge food sizes for mice. as its nice and simple. theres 6 sizes or stages of mice your corn snake would be on as it grows to adult size of the 4 to 5 foot range.
Level 1 - Pinkies
Level 2 - Fuzzies
Level 3 - Small mice/hoppers - (same thing)
Level 4 - Medium mice
Level 5- Large mice
Level 6 - Extra Large mice

My 2 and a half year old 3 and a half foot corn is on Large mice which i call level 5. I havent seen an extra large mouse yet but when my corn snake is in the 4 to 5 foot range i will seek them out for him. it would be interesting to see the size comparison of a large (level 5) mouse to an extra large (level 6) mouse.
i know you dont see them on the internet sites for some reason but in pet shops i have seen some enourmous adult corn snakes absoloutely huge, even held one a few weeks ago.
for some strange reason though i havent seen any corn snakes of this enourmous size on any internet sites, as everyones talking about their new baby corn snake.

How big is enormous?

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  14:10:49  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
erm, well over 5 feet in length, and the girth that you would have a chellenge to get your fingers around

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  21:36:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by heatseeker872591

I havent seen an extra large mouse yet........ i have seen some enourmous adult corn snakes absoloutely huge, even held one a few weeks ago.

XL mice are ofen ex-breeder mice, and you should be careful of overfeeding adult corns. adult males only really need feeding fortnightly, especially if they're on ex-breeder mice.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  12:54:15  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
yeah i did read somewhere that once your snakes in the 50 inch plus range that they will be healthier if fed one big meal per fortnight. will save the owner money aswell lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000