puting mice in the frige
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  14:14:34  Show Profile
hi im new i was just wandeering do u need to put food in the freezer cant you just put it in like a ice cooler box or something ??? i any help will b gr8

appleton

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  14:42:07  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Freezer is the best place to put it.
I always have some in the freezer.
When i buy some mice they go in the freezer and the ones i bought the previous time come out to defrost.
It makes sure that i always have some near feeding times, just in case.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  14:45:24  Show Profile
i would put myn if the freezer but my mum woule probs go of her head if she saw dead mice in her freezer get what i meen ???

appleton
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  15:26:22  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
just do what i do get a non see through tuplewere box, and write keep out on it. if they look in it there own fault then

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  15:29:14  Show Profile
same here get a box n just write on it cuz if u keep em in t fridge they tend 2 spoil quicker so u may hav a lot of waste
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  18:14:52  Show Profile
Mine are in plastic or paper bags in a tupperware container, although I don't have to worry about my mum checking, benefits of moving out .

For now I wouldn't lie to her, tell her and just put them in a separate box in the corner of the freezer or something, otherwise if you do put them in and she sketches out then you might be without food for your snakeys!

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  18:42:36  Show Profile
How close is your pet shop? if it's close then just buy your mice as you need them and let them defrost. No need to store them anywhere then.

I only buy 2 weeks at a time (currently 4 small mice, 12 large mice and 2 jumbo rats) leave out what i need to feed that evening and stick the rest inside bags in an old icecream container in the freezer. I guess that only works if you have a supplyer super local though.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  18:46:34  Show Profile
I buy in 10's. I have a freezer in the garage and the bottom drawer donated to my moss and rodents. I only keep them in a plastic bag. Its just meat at the end of the day.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  19:31:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'm the same Matty18714.
My missus says she doesn't like the thought of dead animals in the freezer. But, like someone has said before, what about chicken? Lamb? beef? etc.

I keep my moss in the freezer as well, in little bags. Someone saw it last week and thought it was 'green'. Whatever that is....

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  21:04:16  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i've got a small freezer dedicated to 'snake food' as the OH got sick of seeing them when he went looking for chips and stuff.
keeping them in the fridge for a few days would probably be ok but freezer would be best.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000