New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  17:35:49  Show Profile
Hi all can you help?
Slinky has just become very inactive recently and missed 2 feeds and a shed. He looks like he is begining a shed now as his eyes have misted over. He seems very slow when I pick him up where as before he used to dart around everywhere. The only thing I have done recently is clean and disinfect his viv with BeaClean disinfectant.
Thanks in advance
Mitch

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  19:39:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
the ambient temperature has dropped dramatically, all of mine have been less active. however over Christmas when we were all at home with the central heating on all day (raising the ambient/room temperature) they all appeared much more active again.
basically i wouldn't worry but check your temps - make sure the hot end is hot enough, about 30*C - and keep an eye out for any signs of an RI - snot or bubbles from the mouth or nose, wheezing, mucous splattered on the viv glass.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  19:45:21  Show Profile
Thanks for your advise again Alison. The hot end is at 30.c.
Think you could be spot on with the room temperature as the viv is situated in the Kitchen which does get pretty cold when the central heating is off
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  23:57:17  Show Profile
Try uping your temps abit, we have had loads of grief with the big beardie until we up his temps but who can blame him? It's been chuffing freezing and i can't be ****d to go out much either!

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  09:26:31  Show Profile
Cheers for your advise I raised the temp by 1'c and he has just shed and seems 100% better. Thanks again
Mitch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000