Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  17:45:32  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Fingers crossed for you Julia.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  21:21:44  Show Profile
hi, yes fingers and toes crossed lol he is very stressed at mo as usually he loves coming out, now he's starting to try and avoid being handled and to make matters worse i have to force his mouth open once a day and give him medicine i fed him last night so he just wants to be left alone its like he's wiser this time as last time it was easy and stress free but yesterday and today it was really hard to open his mouth any tips?? at mo i'm doing as vet said and using the middle of a cotton bud to prise his mouth open then squirting the medicine down any other ideas would be welcome
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  15:13:29  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it's probably worth trying a probiotic to settle his gut down, can you get hold of any ReptoBoost? http://www.pawsforthoughtpetcentres.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=337&zenid=44d2d83e16f9c7f09d2f22f30dcf3ff0

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  16:46:30  Show Profile
ok thanks i'll have a look i'v got some critical care formula from the vets which i'm adding to his water but thats more of a food supplement its a nightmare feel helpless this sites been great it's just nice to talk to people who like snakes most people i know just think i'm a bit weird lol
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  20:05:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
no you're not as weird as some, believe me! ReptoBoost works by balancing out the bacteria within the gut. with repeated regurge, it allows the bad bacteria which is usually only present in small quantities, to take over, so the good bacteria can't do their job even if food does move along the intestinal tract for any length of time, then as the gut can't deal with it anymore the snake can regurge. then it becomes a vicious circle as the latest regurge upsets the gut flora further making it even harder to get the balance back again.

do i sound like a yakult advert?? lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  20:23:28  Show Profile
thanks will try and get some, sounds like thats what he needs.i'm going thru everything to see what can help at least with the medicine he's on i should be able to get2 feeds into him build him up a bit but not looking forward to doing that later as he's soooooooo not impressed with having a syringe down his throat well who would be....
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  21:26:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
hang on in there *hugs*

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  13:55:38  Show Profile
thanks... well latest is kellogs regurged this morning even on the medicine think he's too stressed at mo but the good news is i hav found a great new reptile shop only just opened up near me blokes kept snakes for over 30 yrs has hundreds!!! he's only had a handfull of snakes do what kellogs is doing he said its usually 50/50 if u can save them he's suggested i try the thighs of day old chicks then slowly work up to the whole chick and its now too close to xmas to get a poo sample to the lab so might stop medicine for a while so as not to stress him out anymore and will try him on chick legs...
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  20:15:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
hmmmm, chick thighs, BE likes them!

Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  14:28:42  Show Profile
awww good luck i hope he will b ok! :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  14:57:05  Show Profile
update is after offering kellogs a chick ( not even gonna go into the chopping up part as that was gross) he refused didn't want to know, so gave him a mouse... fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  20:54:43  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
try rubbing a mouse onto a chick to get the familier scent onto it, or try a few rat pups

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:59:50  Show Profile
Hey I Just got my corn snake today and when i held him he started being sick every where does anyone know the cause of this
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  06:58:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
When was he last fed?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  21:48:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
search for 'regurge' or regurgitation' on here. didn't the pet shop tell you not to handle your new snake for a week to let him settle in??

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000