need some leo advice...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  20:19:55  Show Profile
i recently got a 6month old female leopard gecko that had been kept with another female leo... the two geckos had to be seperated because they were fighting alot, i was wondering would the same thing happen if i was to get another similar aged female? i really dont know if its worth the risk of more fighting... i have the leo in a large terranium with more than enough room for two, im not desperate for another leo i was just thinkin she might like some company as alot of people do keep them in pairs.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  20:30:24  Show Profile
are you sure she is female??? i have 3 females all living together with no problems, however...2 males would not get on at all if housed together and sometimes fight to the death (so i have been told/read).

a male and female wen attempting breeding are very noisey and the male is known to bite her around the neck and ear area.

does she have a row of prominent dots in a V formation in between her rear legs.

if so she is a he...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  22:39:01  Show Profile
ive seen the v shape in a book ive got and she has nothing that looks like that at all... apparently the other gecko was a little bit bigger than her so maybe that had something to do with it, i also read on a website that if the eggs are not heated correctly it can make them anti social... i have no idea if there is any truth in this.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  16:28:22  Show Profile
When you incubate leo's you do it cooler for females hotter for males. Sometimes you get 'hot females' that do tend to be aggressive and dont breed either. I've also heard that Jungle's are bullies but dont know how much truth there is in that. What morph are yours?

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000