LEOS!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  21:20:19  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
I FINNALY HAVE SOLD TARTAN!!

To my best mate :) She did a 2 year course on reptiles as part of her a-level at sparsholt, so I've said £200 for the snake, big viv and the whole set-up :D

Imma go over there at the weekend, set it up and everything, make sure all teh temps are right and talk to her parents :P

But I need advice about leos. With the money imma buy a terranium, but I have no idea whta size to get. I wanna buy about 2-3 leos, but no idea how much space they will need? Also, need to knwo the temps they need to be kept at. All I need to buy is the terraniu, heat mat, water bowl and leos, as I have everythign else after that b**tard off RFUK tried swapping me with infected leos, and he only told me AFTER I'd bought the stuff!!!

(I hate the dark side now)

But any advice would be appriciated. Don't really wanna ask on RFUK as I got troleld last time

Wow. Essay. Sorry!

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  21:28:11  Show Profile
Well done on selling Tartan, Im sure your friend will take good care of her. I think the minimum floor space per Leo is 10" x 10"

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  21:36:44  Show Profile
wot happened on the dark side??? infected leo's???

i have 3 females in a 3x1.5x1.5 wooden viv which i think is loads of room for them. got a nice big warm hide so they can all fit in together and 3 smaller ones for the cool end which they rarely use to be honest, and a nice decent sized plastic tub with damp moss in for shedding.

i have a mealie dish for food and a similar sized water bowl. also have a small dish of calcium carbonate in for them to use if needed. and they do use it.

i keep my warm end about 30-32*C.

hope this helps...

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  21:43:57  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
thx Dazb.

Yhe. thsi guy on the dark side. Contacted me sayinghe wanted to swap Tartan for 5 leos. I was extatic, but slightly suspicios, as they were hypos and a chocolate albino. He then after a month of saying "I'll come tomorrow"he decideds to tell me they have a paricitical infectio nthat they've all had for about 2 weeks, and he was STILL gonna give them to me, so I told him where to go.

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  22:24:40  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
At least he told you, you could have been finding out for yourself in a week's time!

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  22:41:17  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
lol yeh, but I get the feeling he was seeing how far it'd go.

oh well! Never mind. My mate lives close too so I can go over and help if she ever needs it :)

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

181 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  09:37:09  Show Profile
I think its good thats shes going to your BF as then you can see hows shes going etc. Every animal i have ever bought off somebody, i've never kept in contact with them.

I have 3 leos coming at the end of December. I'm soooo excitied! Im getting 2 vivs with them (2.5ft for the females, & 2ft for the male) plus I know the vivs are gonna be excellent as my friend made them. I got a pretty good deal (i think?) £150 for 3 leos: 2 normal females & and chocolate albino male, 2 vivs, and food/suppliments that he has left.

From all the research i have done on them, their enviroment is basically similar to that of a corn snake.

1.1.0 Corn Snakes: Dante & Hades
2.0.0 Cats: Orpheus & Dimitri
0.1.0 Dog: Sophie
0.0.1 GALS
1.0.0 Mexi Black - Lucifer
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  16:23:12  Show Profile
Your right about the set up being simalar to that of corn snakes, the only differance is they don't need the basking light. We have a heat mat and an energy bulb in just so we can see them really. Felix and rover live in a 2'8" x 15" viv (odd side i know but it's part of a custom stack built to fit in an alcove) i'd be happy to pop another in with them too just cant decide what colour to get.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000