Rather worried...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  22:24:30  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
My bearded dragon Cooper has recently been moved to a larger viv (4 x 2 x 2) and I use a heat rock as a ehat source (please dont start pointing out the cons of heat rocks, I know about them)

But recently he's been sleeping for most of the day. This is my worry

Usually he's very active, always runnig around and climbing and jumping, but now that hes jsut sleeping, I'm wondering wether it's because it's winter, if its the fact his heat rock may not be fully heating his viv, or whether he feels that the viv is too big.

I don;t think it's the last one, as he has a hide and a lot of logs to provide shelter etc, but I'm still worried

Also, when I gte him out, he seems constantly tired and isn't as willing to run around on me like he usually is. He's also constantly stone cold as he tends to spend most of his time at the cooelr end of his viv, which to my hand still feels rather warm.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just worried about my litle fella. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  22:26:01  Show Profile
It could just be the time of year. My corn hasn't been active for 2 weeks.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  22:32:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
how about turning the viv around so the side coop prefers becomes the warm side? sorry PunkAs i know nothing about beardies, but is it worth sticking a heatmat in their too as it does get damn cold particularly overnight when the heatings off, maybe he's struggling to warm up?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  22:44:02  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
i already tried that GP

jsut worried about him

i think i might get a heatmat off ebay and use that as well as the heatrock

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  23:16:41  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
ok, i have put a 100 watt bulb in there as a basking lamp, and im gonna leave the heatrock on 24/7 and have the heat lamp on the timer!

hopefulyl he'll perk up

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  12:29:55  Show Profile
Why not post your question on RFUK where there are lots of experienced BD owners and breeders who will be better placed to help you and reassure you? Not many of us keep lizards.

Good luck with him.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  16:45:41  Show Profile
my leo's have gone really quiet at the moment aswell as my snakes. think its just the time of year but keep a eye on him just in case...

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  17:44:50  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
i did and i got trolled lol

He's perked up a lot now that he's got the heat lamp :) the temp is now 102 in the hot end so thats the right temp ^_^

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  19:36:32  Show Profile
have you got a UV light in there???

only asking cos u never said...

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  00:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82

i did and i got trolled lol

Can I ask, I assume the above quote was a response to someone suggesting ask on RFUK.
I haven't been there, but i've heard a lot about it and is it just me, or do most things seem to end up with bit** fights on there?

It's only how it seem to be portrayed and how most people refer to it.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  06:25:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Punk basically got told she needed a heatlamp and to get rid of the heatrock but not in the way we would on here. It can just be a bit more aggressive on there. There are some good people with a lot of knowledge and a lot of shops are represented on there, but also a lot of idiots.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

181 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  09:40:09  Show Profile
Yeah i lurk on there, generally around the classifields. But when i have ventured onto the forums, everybody is so bitchy its unreal. People get really agressive when others dont accept their opinion. Although, BE is right, there are alot of people that know their stuff on there, its dragged down by all the tw*ts

1.1.0 Corn Snakes: Dante & Hades
2.0.0 Cats: Orpheus & Dimitri
0.1.0 Dog: Sophie
0.0.1 GALS
1.0.0 Mexi Black - Lucifer
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  10:14:27  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
hey go on bug nation there really friendly on there and they give really good advise

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk

Edited by - nova1990 on 11/11/2008 10:15:32
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

51 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:18:24  Show Profile
My beardie has a uv strip and a 100w spotbulb in his viv. Was told mats and rocks not good as they cant feel the temp through their bellies and can burn! As long as he has a cooler and hot basking end he should be fine. Uv is really important tho. How is he feeding?

Baby gordon not george (carolina cornsnake)
Stumpy (bearded dragon)
Max and twinkles (cats)Thomas (toad)
Texas (Texas rat snake)

Edited by - n/a on 11/11/2008 16:20:41
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

51 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:19:19  Show Profile
oh and mybeardeddragons.co.uk is fantastic for beardie info and they are a friendly bunch too like on here x

Baby gordon not george (carolina cornsnake)
Stumpy (bearded dragon)
Max and twinkles (cats)Thomas (toad)
Texas (Texas rat snake)

Edited by - n/a on 11/11/2008 16:19:56
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2008 :  20:04:26  Show Profile
Well it sounds like he's feeling better but it was probably a bit of both, My beardie Ripple is kinda doing ths same at the moment, he can't decide if he wants to brumate or not, some beardies dont sleep at all over winter others sleep for months one year then dont the next. They just like to keep us on our toes worrying about them. There is a really friendly yahoo group for beardies called 'Pogona' if you want to ask advice without the ukrf bitching and stating the obvious. It mainly has US members so no good for finding suppliers but they are a friendly (if a bit soppy) lot.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000