exo terra vivariums
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  14:19:05  Show Profile
just been offered the largest exo terra glass vivarium 90x45x60. its brand new still in the box but has a crack on the side pane. is it possible to replace? if so how much are they aprox? the man wants 60quid for the viv but i can get it for 50

Daman

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  14:45:37  Show Profile
I would have thought it would be quite easy, I guess its just toughened glass?
People who have built their own Vivs will be able to advise where to buy the glass.
I guess you just have to weigh up the cost of the glass to how much you are saving.
Would it look that terrible replaced with a bit of board with a background over it?

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  14:50:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
ask blackecho - i'm sure he's recently fixed a glass exo-terra, in THEORY it shouldn't be too difficult........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  15:56:57  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
you should just be able to go to any window/glassing company they will do suitable glass for it. but id also imagine exo terra mite be able to supply it

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  17:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Any decent glaziers should be able to provide the glass.
I used to use Priory Glass in Christchurch, used to go in with measurements and walk out 20 mins later with the glass i wanted.
If it was toughened then i'd phone in the morning (around 8am) then go pick it up at about 4pm.

The hardest part will be replacing it without causing damage to the rest of it.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 06/11/2008 17:56:55
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  18:24:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
As Ali says, I got one fixed only a week or so ago, it was an end panel that's probably 300 x 300mm. I took it to a local glazers, they said comeback tomorrow and we'll do it for £5. I came back and they hadn't got round to it so they said comeback at the weekend and you can have it for free, so I got it for nothing in the end

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  19:33:51  Show Profile
Sounds wicked. Just for ref, did it go in ok?

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  19:45:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I didn't see them do it, but looks fine. Just Yellow Pages a few Glaziers and give them a ring.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  11:49:34  Show Profile
would the glass be difficult to change myself? thinkin its only some silicone sealant? or is it more complicated than that?

Daman

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  12:48:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
No, it isn't going to hold tonnes of water as an aquarium would so it should be simple enough. However, I bet it costs you more to buy and fit the glass than to get it done for you

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  15:41:57  Show Profile
glass is 10quid not fitted, didnt ask about how much with fitting but i think ill have a go, little bit of sealant and it should be fine :D

Daman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000