Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  19:49:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=189&ProductGroupID=1405

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  19:49:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=189&ProductGroupID=1405

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

193 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  19:57:27  Show Profile
i have 2 08 hachlings on the loos dont think ill see them no more

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

193 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  19:57:27  Show Profile

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
If you've got a little time before snakey goes in, you could use some silicon sealant to fill the hole, because then it'll have a nice amount of time to dry, plus if you ever need to remove it then it's easy to remove and replace again.

quote:
Originally posted by jakethesnake

You'd be surprised how often they turn up, my sid escaped her Viv 5 times last saturday, and was found within minutes each time (thankfully) until i found out how she escaped.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 03/10/2008 21:54:14
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
If you've got a little time before snakey goes in, you could use some silicon sealant to fill the hole, because then it'll have a nice amount of time to dry, plus if you ever need to remove it then it's easy to remove and replace again.

quote:
Originally posted by jakethesnake

You'd be surprised how often they turn up, my sid escaped her Viv 5 times last saturday, and was found within minutes each time (thankfully) until i found out how she escaped.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 03/10/2008 21:54:14
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  13:03:54  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Awesome set up, thats one lucky snake you've got!

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  13:03:54  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Awesome set up, thats one lucky snake you've got!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

259 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  15:41:46  Show Profile
Teehee! I picked up my new baby today (will put pictures in the photo thread shortly). Because I made the hole in the vent, I ended up dismantling it, putting in a piece of card with air holes in and putting it back together, so there are no escape holes now, but thanks for the tips

1.0.0 miami x crimson corn snake (sirius)
0.2.0 leopard geckos (esma and gytha)
2.0.0 emperor scorpions (bebe and jim)
2.0.0 moggies (othello and tachikoma)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

259 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  15:41:46  Show Profile
Teehee! I picked up my new baby today (will put pictures in the photo thread shortly). Because I made the hole in the vent, I ended up dismantling it, putting in a piece of card with air holes in and putting it back together, so there are no escape holes now, but thanks for the tips

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  23:09:33  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
looking nice, like BE posted try and cover at least the back so the snake feels a bit more secure

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  23:09:33  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
looking nice, like BE posted try and cover at least the back so the snake feels a bit more secure

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  11:49:45  Show Profile
have been looking through these threads....fab set up! My corn is 12 weeks and have been advised to keep in a small box that was provided.

I have the tank all ready - well nearly ;) so what do you advise? keep him in the box or move to the tank?

Diana - mummy to Amelia and embarking on a new journey with corn snakes
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

471 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  12:33:33  Show Profile
How big is the tank?
Don't want to scare tehe lil' fella by putting him in something which is too big for him.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

259 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  12:47:00  Show Profile
Yeah.. Sirius was a wee bit overwhealmed with the setup I had - I ended up removing the big cave hide and replacing it with several toilet roll tubes and soap boxes (perfect size for baby snakes!) This is partially because I didn't realize quite how small hatchlings were..

It might be worth keeping him in the small box and putting the box inside the new enclosure.. then leave the lid off for him to explore if he wants to, and he won't be too freaked out by all the room!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  12:53:50  Show Profile
thanks for that! I actually have the box inside the tank now but with the lid on. I figured if he got used to the surroundings and plants in there (plastic) that it wont scare him when I let him loose ;) I do need to get a lid so he doesnt escape tho!!!!

the tank is 18" high, 12" wide and 15" high. Too big yet?

Diana - mummy to Amelia and embarking on a new journey with corn snakes
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

259 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  13:55:37  Show Profile
Maybe a little, but I'd just make sure there were plenty of hides around it and you cover up three sides so he isn't so exposed (if it isn't wooden)and he should be fine

Oh and definitely get a lid first!

Edited by - n/a on 24/10/2008 13:56:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

471 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  14:49:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by milliesmummy

thanks for that! I actually have the box inside the tank now but with the lid on. I figured if he got used to the surroundings and plants in there (plastic) that it wont scare him when I let him loose ;) I do need to get a lid so he doesnt escape tho!!!!

the tank is 18" high, 12" wide and 15" high. Too big yet?

Seems fine to me. Leave the lid off and let him explore or maybe cut a hole in it, so he's free to leave but still remain with a "known" hide

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  20:29:58  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
looks good

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

196 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  20:34:19  Show Profile
Love the tank I tend to use boxes aswell. For some reason they seem to prefer it more than the caves and wood hides i buy for them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000