Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2008 :  23:54:11  Show Profile
Hi i just found this website and it gives you instructions on how to build your own viv, it also has some other general advice on reptiles too. thought i would share
http://www.exotic-pets.eu/diy-vivarium.php

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  12:36:05  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Great link, cheers kittycat

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  12:36:05  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Great link, cheers kittycat

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  13:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
That is good, if only he could of made use all a bit more lazy, by listing where he got the bits at that price.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  13:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
That is good, if only he could of made use all a bit more lazy, by listing where he got the bits at that price.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  13:49:25  Show Profile
that would be very useful , meh ill jus buy one since the limit on my credit card got increased :D

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  13:49:25  Show Profile
that would be very useful , meh ill jus buy one since the limit on my credit card got increased :D

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:10:27  Show Profile
thats not the attitude

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:10:27  Show Profile
thats not the attitude

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:11:23  Show Profile
I know but i live in a small flat in a town centre i cant turn my bedroom into a workshop

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:11:23  Show Profile
I know but i live in a small flat in a town centre i cant turn my bedroom into a workshop

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:12:33  Show Profile
Fair enough, but if it was me i would at least try to get one second hand

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  14:12:33  Show Profile
Fair enough, but if it was me i would at least try to get one second hand

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  15:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Thanks for the link- Lewy has been talking about making Nagini a bigger viv all summer. He's got no excuse now

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  15:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Thanks for the link- Lewy has been talking about making Nagini a bigger viv all summer. He's got no excuse now

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  16:46:44  Show Profile
cheap deals on perspex on ebay and they'll cut it to size for you for free, and if you buy one you get the delivery on the second for just £1, so it's alot cheaper than buying one big sheet and getting the two doors cut out of one piece. I thought this was pretty swish, although possibly not worth breaking your ebay boycott for kazerella.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  16:46:44  Show Profile
cheap deals on perspex on ebay and they'll cut it to size for you for free, and if you buy one you get the delivery on the second for just £1, so it's alot cheaper than buying one big sheet and getting the two doors cut out of one piece. I thought this was pretty swish, although possibly not worth breaking your ebay boycott for kazerella.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  18:23:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Off to B&Q then.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2008 :  18:23:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Off to B&Q then.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  03:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

Off to B&Q then.

I was just thinking about B&Q when reading this, because from recollection my local one (Christchurch, Dorset) sells it in 3x3 foot for under a tenner, plenty enough to make a couple of doors.
Although that is only for 3mm thick stuff which is normally a bit flexible that can cause escape.
Doubling up though, to make an average of 2 doors at 18inch long x 15inch tall* would use up nearly all of the 3 foot square perspex, but would be nice and thick and secure, plus more resistant to knocks than glass.

* Assuming a standard 3 foot viv, allowing for overhang between the doors.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  03:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

Off to B&Q then.

I was just thinking about B&Q when reading this, because from recollection my local one (Christchurch, Dorset) sells it in 3x3 foot for under a tenner, plenty enough to make a couple of doors.
Although that is only for 3mm thick stuff which is normally a bit flexible that can cause escape.
Doubling up though, to make an average of 2 doors at 18inch long x 15inch tall* would use up nearly all of the 3 foot square perspex, but would be nice and thick and secure, plus more resistant to knocks than glass.

* Assuming a standard 3 foot viv, allowing for overhang between the doors.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000