Update on my corns new small tank
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  20:20:47  Show Profile
Hiya, well all i can say is he is a lot more active in his new small tub, i very often pass to see him out of his hide moving around :)

He has not turned down a feed as yet, the only problem i can see he likes to be left on his own with the food on a bit of card in his tank, now i always put the pinky on the heat mat for 30min to get nice and warm then i put it in his tank.
But today when he picked it up he moved away with it in his mouth and started to eat it off the bit of card.

The pinky was not wet or damp so i dont think any aspen was stuck to it, but how big of a problem is it if there was some on there?
This is the only time i have ever seen him eat away from the card, so i know he has never eaten any before.

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  20:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
It's not a massive problem - in that he won't die, but it's un-advised to let them get aspen in their tummy if at all possible not to. It can lead to impaction if your snake doesn't digest it properly, so better safe than sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  21:18:28  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Nowhere near the problem of bark chippings, Aspen 'should' pass through the snake fairly easily.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  12:07:19  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
You could try making the card piece a bit bigger and placing it slightly under his hide so he doesn't feel the need to drag it far?

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  13:47:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
or you could get him used to being fed out of his viv. mine are fed in tubs with a sheet of newspaper on the bottom so no substrate sticking/swallowing issues and no problems with the snake confusing your hand with food when you go in their viv.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000