New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  22:24:10  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
so i was looking at getting a python as per my earlier thread, and noticed that on the exotic pets website they have a royal python for sale that requires assist feeding. what exactly does this mean and entail? are we talking about a potentially poor feeder in which case a not a good addition for a relatively new snake owner?

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  22:30:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
It means - do not buy!

There are so many good feeders for sale I would try and find one if I were you. Assist feeding is stressful for the snake, but better than force feeding I suppose.

It involves holding the snake and opening its mouth (with the mouse's nose) and letting the snake clamp down on it, hopefully then it will eat as normal.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  22:34:22  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
that definately sounds like trouble to me. is there anything you do not know lol. cheers mate
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  22:49:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I had experience of it with my Royal, thankfully he started striking after a few months, but its not much fun.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000