Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  21:56:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by roxicle

i would visit the vet. there may not be a problem but better to be safe than sorry .

Think it might be a bit late for that.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  22:03:01  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
caan died. it was a parasite

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

196 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  18:51:31  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear your loss Nova. I lost my first corn snake because the pet shop "claimed" they knew about reptiles. I lost mine after 3 weeks of purchase. I just want to let you know you are not alone.
Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2008 :  10:35:07  Show Profile
awww im sori about Caan :( i only had my 1st corn snake Hocus Pocus for a wek bcoz he had kinks in his spine so i took him bk 2 the pet shop whr i got him from 2 ask them about it and they sed that it looked pretty severe and they would keep him and c if they culd keep him alive :( they gave me a corn snake from a different batch - one that they bred themselves. i felt reli bad about it bcoz i felt like i was replacin him bcoz he had sumthin rong with him but i knew they wuld b able 2 care 4 him properly as they know more than me.

Twiglet- my new snke is doin greeat tho :)

readin this it just had me wonderin - bcoz Caan was a light colour- u could c wat was hapenin inside him etc and u knew somethin was rong... made me think that how would i know if twiglet ever developed somethin like this?? bcoz she is a norm so i cnt reli c inside her lol :s... just a thought?
x

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2008 :  21:45:56  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
oh nos sorry to hear about HP poor little thing. im getting another corn sometime after the 11th. i was gonna get one a couple of weeks ago but i was like naaa its to soon. so yea im looking forward to getting a new corn now.

twiglet is a cutey hehehe

i thought it was normal for a corn snake to have a weird black thing till i noticed it started moving closer and closer to caans head i hate to vets for not seeing caan sooner but oh well.

i think you would be able to see it. the pics wasnt very good. the black thing was really dark and lumpy so.. plus i could see/feel it moving

i dont think ur corn would get a parasite unless the incloser was really dirty or something so twiglets safe lol

eww poor caan i miss that little guy

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  09:04:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i've just read most of the replies to this and think that it's terrible the lack of help you recieved from the vets and the shop and im very sorry to hear of the loss of two snakes,i was just wondering was the black item/parasite still moving after caan passed away.If it was'nt then would i be right in guessing that it was'nt a parasite or would that of died with the snake.

Edited by - lee2308 on 25/11/2008 09:05:14
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  20:41:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
nova do you want this thread 'putting to bed' rather than it being brought up again?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  20:59:35  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
i dunno after he died i kinda went crazy for a while (you guys must think im crazy or something i mean its only a snake and i reacted like that) so i didnt look at him much

gp na i dont mind honestly. it could help someone in the future or something so...
but if ya close it i wouldnt mind aswell so its up to you :) i trust ya

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  21:09:05  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
sorry,feel abit insensitive now,the whole ordeal must ordeal been terrible and you dont need reminding of it.My appoligies.

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  22:36:23  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
no way its ok dont feel sorry lol i dont mind speaking about it honestly no worrys :)

Corn Snake - Ayame
Bearded Dragon - Puff

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  22:40:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it would still be there for people to read if it was locked, but people wouldn't be able to reply and keep bringing it back to the top. i just wasn't sure if you wanted reminding all the time?

and lee, sorry, i wasn't meaning you're insensitive, i was just thinking if i was in nova's shoes.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2008 :  22:51:08  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
no offense taken gp,i think it's time to lock it as it's not nice to be reminded of this event,because i can understand how attatched you can become to any living creature,but keep it availible for others to see as it is a very imformative post and others will benifit from reading it if they come across the same problem,as i have learnt some thing from this being a newbie.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000