Head has not shed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  18:03:58  Show Profile
Hi it's me again. All of Kerry has shed now apart from his head and i'm a bit worried. Is this something to worry about or do I just wait. I have ordered sphagnum moss. His eyes seem bright but his head is white and flaky but is hard to come off. I have bathed him a couple of time also. Ive bought a tupperware box so the moss can go in, do I make a hole in the lid?
Sorry to bother everyone again! What should I do next?
Thanks

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  18:18:45  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I would suggest a bath and then running through a towel.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  19:40:18  Show Profile
Make a mousehole shape hole in the side coming down from the top so all the moss doesn't fall out (i used plasters over the edges on my leos box to make sure it was nice and smooth) then it's easy to take the lid off if you want to check on the critter inside. You start using with damp shredded jay-cloths or damp kitchen roll for now while your waiting for the moss to arrive. Once you have got your moss you have to keep it damp and once it dies out it's naffed.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  19:58:59  Show Profile
I find if i have a snake thats had a bad shed i will put it into a damp pillow case (wet pillow case and ring out thoughly) and put the case into the cool end of the viv (not warm end as the snake wont be able to get out of the warmth because its in the sack).

52 corns,5 sinaloans,2 florida kings, 2 cali kings, 2 royal pythons,
3 blood pythons, 3 mexican hoggies, 3 western hoggies, 3 baja rosy boas, 2 mexican rosy boas.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  20:04:25  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Where are you local to Liz??

Most garden centres stock Spaggy moss. I get mine for a fiver for a carrier bag sized amount. (can't remember off hand what the weight/amount is).

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  20:22:14  Show Profile
Thanks everyone.

I'm in South East London, will check out local garden centre.

Gonna try the wet jay cloths in a container until I get the moss. probably keep up with the baths too cos he seems to like a bit of a swim.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  21:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
have a look here, might be worth giving them a buzz in the morning, see if anyone has some.
http://www.city-visitor.com/southeastlondon/gardencentres.html

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000