swimming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

111 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  17:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello i was just wondering if corn snakes like swimming?

winston

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  17:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think anyone can say either way. Some repsond to it ok, and some will flip out and wont want to touch the water.

Really it depends on how you introduce the snake to the water. If you put a snake straight into a bath its going to feel very uncomfortable and wriggle trying to get out. If you put it near the water and it goes into it by itself, then it will be much more relxed.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  03:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that this topic has been discussed before on here and Matty is right....a lot depends on how you handle your snake when introducing them to the water.

I THINK the majority of us only put our snakes in a bath if there is a problem with shedding or mites, not for fun or exercise for the snakes.

This topic may help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8243

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  19:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both of mine will go in the water faily calmly, but only bath if they needed assistance with a bad shed or if they had mites, touch wood, not in 3 years have I had mites..

Swimming is good exercise but providing you don't over feed him and he is out and about a lot and you handle him a fair amount he will keep in shape.

Too much swimming can cause R.I's (Respiratory infections) and scale rot. Not nice..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000