Happy Bunny
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  13:44:49  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think Colin is no longer in fasting Mode. He has took two weeks on the trot now and his activity during the week is more hunting than looking for a way out of the viv. Am hoping this is the light at the end of the tunnel as on saturday he struck and coiled the mouse so ferociously it shocked me. I am going to give him a few weeks of fattening up by feeding avery 6 days instead of seven before attempting to feed him out of the viv again as his fast lasted nearly four months and no doubt he lost some weight (although he didnt seem to but then I see him every day).
He is now 37" long so despite the fast has grown 14 inches since last september.

Xena also continues to eat for her country and her last shed two days ago measured 24" which puts her around 21-22 ish inches long. All that means she has grown nine inches since january the 23rd when I got her. She also now strikes and coils beautifully and has come a long way from where she was a few months ago being at deaths door.

So....all in all a happy bunny.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  13:48:31  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's really good news. I'm pleased for you.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  13:49:51  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'awwww congrats :D hope it all keeps up 4 you :D glad that collin is eating at last... such a relief eh?? :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  13:55:12  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

n'awwww congrats :D hope it all keeps up 4 you :D glad that collin is eating at last... such a relief eh?? :D

Cant tell ya how much of a relief after four months of knock backs during which i tried just about every trick in the book. Still I was lucky coz I had Xena eating and she was the one I was most worried about as Colin was a fat sod and could take some loss of weight whereas Xena hadnt eaten for the first seven months of her life and was in a more critical condition.
Still it all came good in the end

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  14:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need I say anything other than JEALOUS!!!!

Glad Colin is hopefully out of it, although I will add a word of warning (just to spoil your fun cos I am so jealous )....I did get Silvesta to feed for 2 weeks and thought he was coming out of it then he has since refused the last 2 feeds again.... But hopefully that wont be the case with Colin, especially as his behaviour has changed. Maybe I should see it as good news for me....must mean that the end of the horny season is close *gets on knees and prays *.

Xena is amazing, considering her start in life....and now she is even striking and coiling. All down to you, you do realise that dont you??!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  16:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats great that hes started to eat again and little xena is growing nicely for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  18:13:37  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm happy for you..!
Good news!
Keep us updated..!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000