question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:48:19  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
medusa is still a bit cautious of coming out, shall i put my school tie in the viv??? i havnt worn it in a couple of days as of the holidays but still, shall i?

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:50:37  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes you could. It's better if you put something yours in the viv so she gets used to your scent.

Edited by - HannahB on 31/05/2010 23:05:47
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  13:20:13  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could do but either way she will get used to you eventually, it just takes aslong as it takes.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  23:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can do - i know some people dont and their snake settles in just fine, others on here sometimes mess about with the substrate so that their scent is inside the viv and theres nothing new added to it (if that makes sense!) either works well but time for adjustment does vary between snakes..most of mine settled in ok without clothing being needed (i did with mont my first but didnt think it changed much as to whether he got used me faster or anything,) although i did put a tshirt of mine over the fauns when i got the others but that was mainly to keep a bit more heat in at night

Mozacchio - some relatively new members find it easier to start a new thread which will get read than add a new question to an old thread that a) might not get read and b) might not be related to the original thread topic

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  09:38:35  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used an old sock with Sid. I just tucked it in my top for a day then put it in with him, under his log. It's still there and he lays on it every time he goes under his log, bless him.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  13:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest Alex, it is still really early days....you have not even had Medusa a week yet! Think you may be expecting a bit much of her ....

She will still be quite scared and cautious for a while until she feels safe with you and not under threat. How long that may take....who knows. A lot will depend on how you are handling her, but as long as you are being gentle and not keeping her out for too long then she should gain in confidence slowly. Just give her time .

You could try putting a small piece of clothing that has your smell in it into her viv, some have done it and some havent. She will be getting used to your smell as it will be coming into her viv every day when you change the water and, as HannahB said, if you fiddle with the substrate it means you leave your scent in her viv. It is up to you.

Take it slow though Alex....she is only little and you are HUGE !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000