good news :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  20:17:53  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just went to change medusa's water today and she started climbing up my arm the first time out of the shop i have held her my mum walked into the room as she was climbing up my arm and freaked out at first have got some pictures of the family holding her even mum

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  20:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely!
and congrats on Medusa getting braver

i love how your mum has her hands inside her sleeves! Doesnt want to touch the snake perhaps?
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  20:39:36  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pics..!
Progress, huh?
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  20:53:47  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no she didnt want to hold it all really :P and yes ive started handling her :) shall i feed her soon???

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:27:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwwww that's very cute :3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  23:54:26  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

i love how your mum has her hands inside her sleeves! Doesnt want to touch the snake perhaps?

Lol, and the gritted teeth

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  02:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great news Alex, really shows how laid back and adventurous Medusa is (or is that an oxymoron !!). It is also lovely that the whole family is getting involved - even if your mum was not exactly enthusiastic about it !

The pic you have made your sig is a great one of her .

By my reckoning you have only had her for 4 days, so although she is being so friendly I would still keep handling to a minimum and then feed her once the week is up....just to be 100% sure that she is fully settled in, although she is showing all the signs of being so. Waiting a few more days wont do her any harm and it will mean she is hungry when you do feed her and more likely to feed first time. Are you planning on feeding her in or out of her faun?

I am NO EXPERT though Alex, so wait and see what others have to say.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  11:34:04  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im planning to take her out of the viv, weigh her, take a aireal shot then geed her in the viv :) is this a good idea???

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

123 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's so cute! Love the photos as well :)
Edit: Also, cool AC/DC poster! :D

0.1.0 fire corn (Ruby)
0.0.6 lemon tetras (O'Neill, Jackson, Hammond, Teal'c, Quinn, Hank)
0.0.4 siamese algae Eaters (Pogo, Jimmy, Leo, Fatty Ding Dong)
0.0.2 stone catfish (Mark, Jez)

Edited by - n/a on 31/05/2010 12:20:08
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:19:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, those are great photos. Love the one of your mum trying not to look freaked out!!! Bless her...the things mums will do for their offspring.
I feed our Sidney outside his viv but it's all a matter of personal choice. The reason I feed outside is two-fold. 1) He won't take any substrate with his meal and 2) He won't get viv defensive over food. Other people will probably have other opinions to share with you. Then you must weigh it all up and work out what you think is best for you.
It's really good that you are so enthusiastic, it shows how much you care.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:29:40  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i never thought of it like that, shall i just have a ice cream tub or something with paper in it? and thanks for the comment about my poster :P

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:40:27  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can use anything like that, just put some kitchen roll in the bottom and away you go. Once the mouse has gone down past her neck just very gently lift her back into the warm end of her faun/viv and leave her to settle where she feels most comfortable. Then comes the difficult bit....LEAVE her alone for 48 hours to digest her meal. Just change her water and do the normal daily substrate checks. It's really hard not to touch but it could cause her to regurgitate if you do.
Have someone ready to take photos for you when she has her first feed with you. It's amazing watching them feed and you won't want to miss a moment trying to get photos. Let us know how it goes.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  12:58:54  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for the help :)

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  14:06:14  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Elijah feeds both in and out of his faun. I like him feeding in it sometime to give him the sense he is hunting in HIS world. I have not yet encountered any issues with him getting viv defensive. If I do feed in his faun then I put a feeding dish down so he doesn't eat any substrate.

For feeding outide, I use a small animal/fish tank to hold him in. Do his faun cleanup, weight him in it, take an aerial photo to measure him, then give him his grub.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  14:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You can use anything like that, just put some kitchen roll in the bottom and away you go. Once the mouse has gone down past her neck just very gently lift her back into the warm end of her faun/viv and leave her to settle where she feels most comfortable......

I must admit that with mine I leave them in the shoe box or RUB, whatever I have decided to use, until the 'bump' is half way down their bodies....then I lift them, supporting them gently one hand one-third down from head and other hand one-third up from tail (so 'bump' should be nicely in between) and move them into their vivs. Just think it is better to wait until their food has moved further down before moving them - a personal preference of course .

I dont have any worries about corns getting viv defensive if you feed them in their vivs but think that there are 2 positive reasons for feeding out of the viv - no risk of them injesting any substrate with their food and it gives you a much better chance to get good pics....definite plus!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  23:13:10  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok cheers guys :D

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000