Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  13:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, got a new cornsnake on thursday, a green blotched cornsnake, he is really calm and doesnt mind being handled at all. i love him to bits,

dee x

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  13:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  14:09:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Lets see some photos of your new snake, after he's had his wek settling in. Sounds an interesting colour.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  14:39:55  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum..!
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  14:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome
does your snakey have a name yet?
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  17:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
is he a green blotched snow? look forwards to pictures

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  19:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:39:45  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya n welcome to the forum :D

look forward to seeing pics... has he got a name yet?

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  21:43:22  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
welcome :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  22:13:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome. can't wait to see pics. How old is he?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  02:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee, it is really good that you have joined us! You will find that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship .

I THINK your green blotched corn must be something like these - http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/greenspotsnow/. If it is then you are so lucky, they look absolutely stunning !

I dont know how much you know about corns so sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know, but it is better heard twice than not at all. Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

We always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)....no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about him not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your corn to de-stress and feel safe with you. I would guess from your comments about how calm he is and how he doesnt mind being handled means that you werent told....but it may be worthwhile starting that week from now.... It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

You have probably already found that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I dont know whether you have thought of doing this, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo!!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  06:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi welcome to the forum

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  10:01:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello there :D

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  10:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  16:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi

thank you all so much for your warm welcomes :)
thank you kellogg for such a good read. i must admit, i have had him out about once a day for just few minutes. i will start my week now, and hope he doesn't think i got bored with him, bless him. i have not named him yet, sorry, i forgot to say he was a snow didn't i lol, silly me. thank you for the picture. does everyone's green blotched snow develop yellow saddles, or has anyone got any lime green on theirs?

i got mine, thursday, i was initially after a candy cane, but i also liked lavender and snows, never knew you could get green blotched snows though? he was such a good snake, and didn't twitch, and he was the cheapest, which i don't really understand, as i'd heard of the other morphs before, but not green blotched snow, i thought he'd have been the most expensive....? i did not buy him because he was the cheapest, i got him because i fell in love with his easy going personality and his gorgeous colour. he seems to have gold stars going down the side of his neck, he's such a babe

dee x

Edited by - n/a on 01/06/2010 16:14:19
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  11:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deedee71

.....i must admit, i have had him out about once a day for just few minutes. i will start my week now, and hope he doesn't think i got bored with him, bless him........does everyone's green blotched snow develop yellow saddles, or has anyone got any lime green on theirs?

i got mine, thursday, i was initially after a candy cane, but i also liked lavender and snows........i got him because i fell in love with his easy going personality and his gorgeous colour. he seems to have gold stars going down the side of his neck, he's such a babe

dee x

Sorry it was such a long read Dee ....I do tend to ramble! Dont worry about the fact that you have had him out, by the sounds of it he is a really laid back corn and you handling him wont have caused him any stress. Also dont worry about him missing you for the week, to be honest he probably wont notice ....it will just be you getting withdrawal symptoms from missing him!

I dont think we have another green-blotched snow on the forum. We have a snow called Tofu, who is stunning, and at one point there was a query as to whether she was just a snow or a particular type of snow -http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7234. These are some pics of her - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9758, and some other pics of a snow Eeji has that shows just what amazing colours they can get - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7324.

I LOVE the fact that you got your snow despite going in wanting a candy-cane or lavender.....all too often people get so set on certain morphs that they get tunnel-vision and miss some of the other beautiful morphs that are right under their noses - luckily you didnt!!

Cant wait to see pics of him.

(did warn you that I ramble !!)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  15:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kellogg,

i love reading your posts, they are fab, and no reply is too long or a ramble, please type away. I am honoured to have deserved such a nice reply. i am the opposite, i don't think i put in enough of a reply lol. i am off to look at those links of the corns you put links to. i still haven't thought of a name for the little man. i am thinking, but it takes a while for the cogs to turn :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  16:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've posted some pictures of him in the photos section, hope you like :)

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  19:21:34  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome *off to look at pics!!!!*

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  03:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deedee71

kellogg,

i love reading your posts.......i still haven't thought of a name for the little man. i am thinking, but it takes a while for the cogs to turn :)

You have only been here a short while Dee, give it time and I will start to drive you mad just like I do the other forum members !!

As for snake names, have a look at this link....it has a few suggestions for you - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673

Will try and get a look at your pics soon, cant wait to see him....who knows, maybe someone will take one look at him and suggest just the right name .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  21:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you kellogg, *runs off to look at link for cornsnake names* :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000