Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 purchased new hatchling corn today :) but help !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamesday121
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  20:29:26  Show Profile  Send jamesday121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
right .. im a bit worried i have my RUB 9L with my aspen water dish and hide half on the cool side and half over the heat mat .. i have a digi thermometer, stat and probe to monitor the heat mat and a round thermometer for the cool side .. the only problem is .. my temps are very low ! on both sides ! i have my digi stat prob on the back wall just above the aspen is this correct? if so is it normal to take quite a while for temps to rise and stabalise ? please help !!

1 x carolina corn = monty
1 x lab x collie
and about 7 tropical fish :)

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  21:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would put the therm prob on the bottom

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  21:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A heat mat will only heat things it is in direct contact with (or as good as), so putting the probe anywhere but in direct conact with the heated area is pointless.

Tape the stat probe directly to the heat mat ouside the tub, and put the thermometer on the bottom of the tub in contact with the plastic at the bottom.

Go to Top of Page

jamesday121
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  22:02:16  Show Profile  Send jamesday121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
perfect !!!!! thankyou guys!! real help!!

1 x lab x collie
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  04:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic may give you some advice regarding where to put your stat and thermometer probes James - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=9821#111346

I notice you mention you have a hide half on the cool side and half on the heat mat. Your snake needs 2 hides so it can choose whether to be in the warm or cool end. Just a toilet roll tube will do, or something like that....but definitely worth adding.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 29/05/2010 04:41:25
Go to Top of Page

jamesday121
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  08:18:52  Show Profile  Send jamesday121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok thats great :) the temp seems to be settled now and around 28 29 degrees c before it was gettin all steamy with the temp showing 24! i was like oh dear not good !!

and i have put a toilet roll tube on the cool side aswell now :)

thanks for your replys everyone :)

1 x lab x collie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000