most bizzar turtle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  14:06:04  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
forget burmese taking over the everglades

forget pareketts in london

forget cain toads in australia

now is the time for red eared slider turtles to take over a lake near you

i went for a cycle ride round a council owned park in liverpool called sefton park, i sat down by one of the lakes and saw a red eared slider turtle swimming to one of the island.

sorry the pics aren't brill it was quite a distance away and couldnt get over to the island.

Edited by - sexychef on 27/05/2010 14:14:43

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  14:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha! Crazy turtles
they must be really hardy little things to live over here

there used to be about 5 of them in the duck pond near me but they got taken away because they kept eating ducklings...
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  15:56:59  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Invadors..!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
We gotta do something..!
Who will bring the food?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  16:22:24  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
looks like its eyeing up a duck lol

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  16:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have them in in Stanley Park lake in Blackpool, have done for years, although I haven't seen them for quite some time, I am told they are still there. They bask on the fence that keeps the motor and row boats away from the duck/goose island.

..Makes me want one in the pond we'll be putting in the garden lol this happens everytime I see anything. Chameleon - want one, monitor - want one, royal python - want one, turtle - want one and so on... lol

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000