And lil Barry

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  22:29:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's a mini very pretty chibi crocodile that yellow with huge eyes and eyelashes that I wish I could have :O

Very pretty though :) and so adorable! He looks tiny though! How big is he?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  08:41:28  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
man they look cool what kind of lizards are they

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  09:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very cool Chrissy,
nice pics...so jealous lol

quote:
Originally posted by Dan-sunkist

man they look cool what kind of lizards are they

they are crested geckos

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  10:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh so very cute. if i had eyelashes like that i could flutter them and get whatever i wanted from the OH

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  17:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhhh, dam u chrissy. this makes me want another but i am getting a corn instead, dam u

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  20:15:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the comments guys

Sta~ple, Mr.Bojangles (the yellow one) is only about 17inches from snout to tail tip, only weighs 25gs too, Barry (the other one hehe) being smaller still. they are not fully grown yet though, not exactly sure how big they will end up, but not much bigger haha.

shortyireland, i agree, with eyelashes like that what else do you need to get the OH on side!

reptiledanny,

Edited by - n/a on 24/05/2010 20:16:54
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  01:31:44  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'aawwww sooo cute :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  16:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks crazy JJ

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  18:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

thanks for the comments guys

Sta~ple, Mr.Bojangles (the yellow one) is only about 17inches from snout to tail tip, only weighs 25gs too, Barry (the other one hehe) being smaller still. they are not fully grown yet though, not exactly sure how big they will end up, but not much bigger haha.

shortyireland, i agree, with eyelashes like that what else do you need to get the OH on side!

reptiledanny,

no, don't go there

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  20:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These convince me more that once I have room I may have to get a few gecko's in addition to my snakes. Very nice (Y)

2.0 Normal Corn "Monty" "Charlie"
0.1 Amel Corn "May"
1.0 Western Hognose "Gerard"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  19:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you make me laugh reptiledanny
Jay93, crested geckos are definately the right way to go when you have more room, they are just fantastic creatures

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  20:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and you make me want everything you have, if u ever get burgled and the only thing that goes missing is tof and your cresties it wasn't me

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  20:02:32  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would love one of them they look so cool. whats there requirements.
tanks?
food?
beding?
etc?

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  20:56:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tank- they need a small faunarium but the hight one when they are hatchlings, then once they have grown they go into a 12x12x18 exo terra tank then when fully grown a 18x18x24 exo terra tank is needed.

heating-they need no heat depending on what your house temps are like. they need temps at 72-78 farenheit 78 being max but temp can drop down to 68. i try to keep mine up to 75

eating-they have a specialized diet called crested gecko diet that is fed every day. and then about once a week you can feed some crickets or if you are like me you can feed crickets for a few days until they are gone and then for another month crested gecko diet but the best way is to feed 2-5 crickets once a week

breeding-they are easy to breed, all you need is one male and one female. put them together and viola, you get some babies

do not house males together other fights will ocur and deaths maybe

bedding- i use eco earth in my tank but other soils are fine. no wood chippings or anything like that.

they are aboreal so lots of leaves in tank and other flowery things.

they are amazing creatures and enjoy being handled. they are so easy to look after but be warned: they are adictive like corns

if u need any more info just ask

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  21:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reptiledanny has given some great info for you there Dan-sunkist only a few things ima add/change though, no offence danny.

I agree with Danny on tank size, keep it small but high when they are little and then work your way up to something bigger and higher as they grow. A terrarium is the best thing to keep them in, in my opinion. I have an Exoterra at the moment, it is made of glass which gives great ventilation and has a mesh top, again for ventilation.
If you plan on keeping 2 together I would go with a tank size of 90 X 45 X 45 cm which I have at the moment, I just think it is a nice size, gives them plenty of space to get away from one another if they choose to. If you only want one, I would say a good size for an adult would be 45 X 45 X 60 cm but I am not completely certain on that. As long as you remember height is the most essential thing to give them (they are arboreal, spending most of their time up high) you cannot really go wrong.

I would have to disagree with Danny on not housing males together though, I keep both my males together in one terrarium and have no issues to report, some say that housing males together should be avoided like the plague, others say it is perfectly fine as long as they do not get a whiff of a female, so it is down to personal choice . I have a spare tank at hand to separate them just in case it gets nasty, which I doubt it ever will but you never know but like I said, I have no issues with housing two males together.

Temps wise, like danny says, it all depends on your general house temps as to what you do, I generally go by keeping it at low to mid 70Fs in the shade (middle portion of the tank and the floor) and up to 84F at the very top of the terrarium and top branches. To get this 84F I keep a heat bulb in with them at all times (with thermostat) just because I like to give them that basking temperature so they can choose to use it if they like (which they do, on a regular basis ). 84F being the absolute maximum it can get too though, and a night time drop to about 68F is good too, so long as it does not go below mid 60s :)

They need a humidity level of 70 - 90%, you keep this up by spraying the tank with water about 1-2 times a day, I keep an eye on it with a digital hygrometer. They do not need any UV or anything else, but may need a cooling system at hand ready for any hot summers.

Food, I feed mine on Banana or Mango pureed baby food mixed with nutrabol, but as Danny says, there is a special Crested Gecko Diet that you may prefer to give to them, mainly because it is a complete diet which contains all the calcium, vitamin D etc that they need so there is no need to supplement with nitrabol or anything else. Citrus foods should be avoided at all costs though.
I buy a tub of crickets about every month and just pop them all in at a time, my guys generally do not eat when I am watching which is why I do that, and it also means they can eat as and when they choose too.

Bedding wise I keep my guys on "Komodo Tropical Terrain Compact Brick" which is basically soil. I use this because it looks nice and natural, plus helps keep in humidity I think (may be wrong.)

They would appreciate lots of plants, vines and anything else they can get into and rest on they need a shallow bowl of water, but will lick the water droplets off of plants and the glass when you spray them haha.

and I think that is pretty much it for their care, I pretty much spray the tank in the morning before I go to college, change their water, check the temps and humidity quickly and leave them too it, they are that easy haha
all this info is just what I have picked up from other crestie owners, care sheets and books though, so it may be worth having a look though some care sheets on the internet just to get more information and then make up your mind on what you want do.
I hope this has helped you out a bit Dan-sunkist sorry it was so long winded haha.

Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  07:47:44  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
man the o OH is so not happy with you two i really want one

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  10:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are sooo very cute. if i had the room i would love one. but having a 2 bed apt with 2 snakes 2 fish 2 men and me to look after ermmmmmm maybe

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  05:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Chrissy, only just got to this thread....but you already know what I think about Mr Bojangles and Barry . And you really do them justice with your photography - shows them off beautifully....it is not surprising you have everyone wanting them !!

I love their smile and their eyes....always so interested in the big wide world ....and those eyelashes !!!

Am so glad you put in the 2nd pic of Barry in, it really shows his colouring and how dragon like he is with his crests....gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing .

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000