it doesn't rain, it pours!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  23:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i'v been a little busy recently. my sis in law took an overdose so we have fostered our niece and nephew. now have 6 kids in the house 4 under 5! she was severely impacted and has medicine to clear her out which means i do a lot of clearing up! he was behind for his age(8 months) but have all his jabs up to date and on mushy/finger foods. i'v also fostered another corn, its a wild type still quite snappy and wasn't eating so very skinny but looks about 2 and has lost the end of its tail and was covered in shed when i got her poor thing. got her
oh and i had a cat scan on my frontal lobe as i had serious memory loss and other symptoms related to dementia (im 32!) caused by the drugs i take for my illness(nearest guess is a fast cycle form of bi polar called cyclothymia) any ho while they were in there taking photos they saw a mass and turns out i have a grape size tumor in my right temperal lobe. i'm waiting for an mri and probable biopsy for more info. everyones really worried but i'm not worried until i'm given something to worry about. and i still haven't finished my bludy stack and my big fella tagged me the other day for good measure...
apologise for the shocking grammer but i have my 2 year old in my arms as he's not well either!

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  01:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first off i seriously hope everything turns out ok for everyone - your sis in law, the kids and yourself,
its good that you arent worrying but make sure you do make some time to have to yourself,easier said than done i know but in the long run just an hour or two to relax will help you no end,
got my fingers crossed its nothing serious, if your need to rant/vent or something feel free to drop me an email, the forum will be here for you in whatever way we can be

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  05:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that when I read your post Jase I kept thinking 'How can this get any worse?'....and then I read the last last bit.

Sounds like you have been a real life saver taking on your niece and nephew the way you have, despite everything else you are dealing with - but I know what it is like, they are family so what else can you do.... I do hope your sister-in-law recovers soon and, more importantly, gets the help she needs to deal with why she did what she did. I guess it may be a while before the kids can go home, but they have loving family around them to offer them the safety, stability and hugs they need....you are a blessing to them.

Well done for taking on the other corn, even though you dont need the added work. I can understand why you didnt say no. You know what you are doing with corns and you know that it will just take time and patience and she will calm down....she has a good owner now.

As for your final bit of news, it is hard to know what to say. I am not sure how I would cope were I in your position or if it was my OH in your position. I totally agree with HannahB though. No matter how difficult things are at the moment you do need to try and take some time out - for just you and for you and your OH, away from the kids. She will need to know how you are doing and need to talk about how worried she is and how she feels....and it is you that she needs to talk to most.

Same offer as Hannah. My email and msn is on my profile and if there is anything I can do..... It is the frustrating thing with forums, you meet people and make friends, but they live so far away that when you want to be there for them and offer them a helping hand, a shoulder to lean on or just a beer down the pub you cant!! But I can offer you someone who will listen....

I dont know your beliefs Jase, but I am a Christian....would it be ok if I prayed for all of you - your sister-in-law and whatever she is dealing with, her kids....your family and coping with having extra children in the house and not knowing your future....and you of course. If it makes you uncomfortable....which I totally understand then just say no....but you are in my thoughts.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  06:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do sound like your having a really tough time of it and i wish you and your family all the best. dont think i could cope in your situation, as the others said take some time for yourself even if its just for a relaxing bath with a book. Good luck!

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  07:06:04  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope everything turns out ok..
It must be very hard to deal with all of this..
Keep us updated.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  14:59:50  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All I can say is crikey, ur thread title is spot on. I can't even begin to imagine how mad things are at ur end right now but then I suppose having the extra kids to deal with, the snake and worry about your sister in law does help take your mind off the results of your scan.

My offer is the same as Judiths. Although I cannot help physically, I would like to offer my help in the form of prayer and an ear if you need to talk.

Huge hugs

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  17:39:12  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yo my geez, how on earth do u cope with all of that :/ im finding it hard to cope with all my probs, but all i can say is agree with the others, you really need to take time for yourself aswell (thats what i always get told but me being me i have to make sure everybody else is ok first lol)
even as Kittycat says take a nice relaxing bath with a book, that really does help, it takes you away from the world :D

but as the others said if ya would like to talk then my email is in my profile (i think, but sure it is) but good luck *hugs*

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  20:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am so sorry for everything that is happening, i don't know what to say really.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  21:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read your thread and I am sure if you stay positiveAlso being in the good hands of the medical staff Im sure everything will work out Good luck in the future my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  03:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

..... but then I suppose having the extra kids to deal with, the snakes and worry about your sister in law does help take your mind off the results of your scan.....

I am sure Kd is right Jase, I bet you barely have time to think at the moment as you are moving from one thing to the next with no time in the middle....and you are probably like JJ....

quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

.......but me being me i have to make sure everybody else is ok first lol)

I cope with my issues exactly the same way, in many ways use them as a distraction from what I am really worried about. BUT you do also need to face what you are really worried about and start thinking about it so that when those results do come in you have your head in a place that is at least at the start of beginning to process whatever those results might be....and I am just praying that they are not the results that you dread. That is why in many ways you not worrying about it until there is something to worry about doesnt work really....and that is also where talking to someone unconnected with your family and friends may really help.

Do take care Jase....and look after yourself as well as everyone else.

Love Ju xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  17:16:20  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck, I'm sure it'll all turn out ok. From a medical pov, they've found it early, while it's still small, that's gonna be a huge benefit.

chill out where you can, and I'm crossing everything for you.

Same as te others, my email is on my profile.

xxxx

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  17:30:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i am so sorry for everything that is happening, i don't know what to say really.

This. I really do hope things get better for you. Why do horrible things have to happen to nice people?

Just remember to have some time to yourself and ask for help from people.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  18:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers all, i'm not at all religous but you can pray if you like. managed to go out for a meal last night which was great.

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  02:19:15  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I bet you barely have time to think at the moment as you are moving from one thing to the next with no time in the middle....and you are probably like JJ....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by crazy JJ

.......but me being me i have to make sure everybody else is ok first lol)

quote:
I cope with my issues exactly the same way, in many ways use them as a distraction from what I am really worried about. BUT you do also need to face what you are really worried about and start thinking about it so that when those results do come in you have your head in a place that is at least at the start of beginning to process whatever those results might be....and I am just praying that they are not the results that you dread. That is why in many ways you not worrying about it until there is something to worry about doesnt work really....and that is also where talking to someone unconnected with your family and friends may really help.

all so true.. and yes i suppose in a way its just easier to deal with if ya help someone else out 1st.. ive always been like that... keep getting moaned at 4 it but do it anyway then i like forget to think about mself when i need to lol ooopsie

i always found its easier to talk to someone outside the close group of friends and family .. they can give an open mind to the situation where as someone close to you will just back you up which in all honesty i would prefer the truth.

but in all honesty my life is a lil like this thread but completly difo circumstances that i will not say here (plus i dont wana hijack the thread lol )

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  06:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

cheers all, i'm not at all religous but you can pray if you like. managed to go out for a meal last night which was great.

Thanks Jase, it doesnt matter to us whether you believe or not....as long as it doesnt make you feel uncomfortable us praying for you. It cant do any harm !

I am so glad you managed to get out for a meal....and enjoyed it. Too often your life can be filled purely with black and white and grey....but you need to add some colour to it (like with your meal out) otherwise it isnt a life it is just an existence - am I making any sense at all ?? It has just gone 6am on Sunday and the brain fog is seriously bad! I do hope you understand what I am trying to say....take time out to enjoy yourself and take time to appreciate the good things in your life, like your children's laughter and your OH's hugs....things like that. That way you know that no matter how bad your situation is, there is still some good in your life, some colour.

xxx

(am sorry Jase, I realise I have dominated this thread too much so will withdraw myself before I start to bore you , just know I am thinking of you and praying for you)

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  10:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chin up fella, sure it will work out in the end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000