Overheating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  23:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I'm having a spot of bother with ovrheating viv's. 3 of my viv's are heated by bulbs and they are all overheating. Today the cool end was around 26.4, and I couldn't do anything to cool them at all.....window wide open, but no breeze, turned a fan on which made things worse. I have another viv that's heated by a mat (and a low watt bulb for viewing) which is on top of one of the bulb heated viv's. It's also been overheating. I took the plunge and ordered mats and stats for the other tanks (over 150 quid ).

Will this help bring the cool ends down?

Cheers,

Justin

1.0.0 Snow Corn

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  23:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it should do, since with mats you arent really heating the air.

My troops usually all have mats and bulbs; all the bulbs have been turned off now and they seem fine - down to normal temps more or less
i've also had to move my gargoyle and crested geckos into the pantry to stop them dying on me!
So if the vivs arent to massive you could try moving them to a cooler room?
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  23:27:45  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don;t think so :( I have a bulbed viv and heatmats going that aren't stacked and my cool end temp reached 26. All my windows are open in the house. I know it might sound silly but I found really drawing the curtains back to help a little.

The only thing I can think of is maybe moving them to the opposite side of the house that does get the breeze or move them near a drafty area.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  23:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest moving the viv's isn't an option. For 1, I'm in a converted attic and moving them is near impossible....getting them up was some job. secondly there's no room anywhere else in the house.

I should also add that I've already put lower wattage bulbs in the tanks, but that hasn't worked either.

1.0.0 Snow Corn

Edited by - headlow on 23/05/2010 23:34:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000