Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  14:48:57  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fal

Fair points Staple!!! As for dogs tongues danny, not sure about that, since they eat poop and dog poop can and does cause blindness, but each to their own :)

There has been tests done which show that the average dogs mouth/tongue carries alot less germs and bacteria than the average humans. Although it dosn't mean they don't carry more dangerous bacteria.

That said i'm not so sure i would share a lollypop with sasha...

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 24/05/2010 14:49:35
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  18:05:00  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would never share a lolly with my b/f dog! It crushes rabbits skulls wethaer they are dead or alive that have mixy and it also eats fox poo, waps or anything.

I do kiss my snake's though :3 I don;t intensionally but I don;t think I will never stop the ekimo kisses with Venom. I haven;t been ill yet and if I do get ill, it's my fault although I think I'm more likely to get ill from hugging the cat.

To get back on topic, I never let anyone touch my hatchies, Venom's too big so I only let people hold Char and that's only if she is ok with it.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  15:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I would never share a lolly with my b/f dog! It crushes rabbits skulls wethaer they are dead or alive that have mixy and it also eats fox poo, waps or anything.I do kiss my snake's though :3 I don;t intensionally but I don;t think I will never stop the ekimo kisses with Venom. I haven;t been ill yet and if I do get ill, it's my fault although I think I'm more likely to get ill from hugging the cat.

To get back on topic, I never let anyone touch my hatchies, Venom's too big so I only let people hold Char and that's only if she is ok with it.

ewww, my dog doesn't do anything like that, nor does he eat any poo

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2010 :  22:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No but I bet he does lick his.. anyway lol :) like I said, each to their own! I drop food, call out, 'three second rule!' and then eat it, so I can hardly say anything can I lol

We haven't had any kids round the house since getting Bella, nor round the other house since having the lizards or king snake, but I think it would depend on the child (temperament etc..) and the parent as to whether we would let them handle any of the reps. As for cleanliness, any adults we know who handle them get anti bact. gel thrust at them afterwards anyway, so a child certainly would! Can't having our scaly crew being blamed for any poorlyness now can we :D

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  12:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, i think the vet-who's an exotics vet-was being ott, thats why i chose to ignore her!think i'll be changing vets tho as she also seemed really concerned that kasey doesn't have a basking lamp??i dont let the kids touch squidward yet as he's still a bit nervous and has only just stopped striking when i go to get him out but kasey is so chilled he lets anybody near.as long as they are careful with the snakes and wash their hands after, i'll let the kids handle them as long as they are interested.

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  22:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think as long as the person who is supervising, and there must always be supervision, is capable of dealing with a potential situation then its not a drama. Obviously a small child is not gonna be capable of holding some of the snakes, but the smaller ones, yeah, as long as they dont squeeze!
Thing to remember is snakes are unpredictable, at the best of times, so someone who can deal with a simple snake bite is a must really, not someone who is gonna panic and panic the child even more!
In our situation, i will supervise all handling, kate does the geckos, but is not good with some of the smaller snakes, ironically, so i do the snakes, because i know i can deal with more or less any situation the snake can throw at me!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000