Falcor ate...but for me :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  13:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So ive had falcore for over 2 months now without him feeding for me. he ate once but when i took him to the shop for them to try. I tried one last ditch attempt by downsizing his home to a cricket tub with an inch of aspen and water bowl in. put a 3rd on the heatmatt and left him alone for 9 days. Came to feed him friday night in his home and he was really interested but would take it. so after a while i left it with him. when i went back in the morning pinky was still there. i was about to give up and throw away the pinky but thought id try and get him to take it one last go as i saw his hea popping out. so i jingled the pinky around to create movement and vibrations and after a few mins the next thing i know falcore has its head in his mouth. So i left him to eat and went back 10 mins later. the pinky had gone and falcore buried. i was worried he had jsut dragged it under but after leaving him 2 days i checked the substrate this morning and no pinky plus im sure i would have smelt it by now.
so so happy. going to try again saturday and hope he has the taste for it now and will feed regulary. :)

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  13:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on getting falcor to eat. nice snake ya have there :D

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  13:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks
well hopefully he will start to grow a bit now once he is regulary feeding and i can handle him more and take more pics as had to try keep him stress free during this whole ordeal.

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  13:45:15  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So happy for you!
I bet you are sooooo relieved..!
Keep us updated!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  13:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so so relieved lol. been very stressfull and ive felt very neglectful toward him as hadnt been able to interact or feed him. but now i hope this is the start of me finally been able to enjoy him. Fingers crossed he eats again now i know how to tempt him and signs he is hungry.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  17:05:14  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on getting him to feed. I hope from now he will feed well for you and you can enjoy him much more

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  17:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats great news
i know how stressful it is when they dont eat..especially when they are smaller, fingers crossed for you he keeps eating and starts to grow nicely

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  17:54:28  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats mate. Lets just hope he continues to do so

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  21:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2nd feed was successfull. Am so happy finally have a snake that feeds:)

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  23:17:50  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly