Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  22:11:12  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
@ Sta~ple: if you have a little look on this page you will see why the BCC's are known as the true red tail species. http://www.jnb-boas.co.uk/page6.htm

It also lists all the different boa species, i think there is about 8 or 9

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  22:31:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow those pictures on there are great! They are all so pretty and most of the have a tash! Hehe. I didn't expect there to be so many types, I expected a few types and like lots of morphs but not the other way around!

This is going to sound like a very dumb question but is there any difference between a boa constricter and a boa for example, a rosy? Or is it like I'm thinking it is and the constrictor part is just a sub family within the boa part? Or are all boa's also called boa constrictors?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  23:03:43  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

This is going to sound like a very dumb question but is there any difference between a boa constricter and a boa for example, a rosy?
yeah the differance is about 5'

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  23:04:56  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think all boas are called constrictors i think the constrictor is a sub species, not completely sure though.

There are a few boa morphs mainly in the Boa constrictor imperator species but most are just natural variations from different localities.

Like how Miamis and carolinas are both wild type corns but vary slightly because they come from different locations.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  23:06:18  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

This is going to sound like a very dumb question but is there any difference between a boa constricter and a boa for example, a rosy?
yeah the differance is about 5'

lol.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  23:39:28  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I don't think all boas are called constrictors i think the constrictor is a sub species, not completely sure though.

That's what I was confused about :s

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

yeah the differance is about 5

Never thought of it that way XD I still think the constrictor pat is silly though as most snakes in the world constrict XD

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  00:26:38  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
even the rosys are constrictors by nature but not called it

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@ Sta~ple: if you have a little look on this page you will see why the BCC's are known as the true red tail species. http://www.jnb-boas.co.uk/page6.htm

There are many many more than 8 or 9 boa species. Your talking about localities.

Edited by - matty18714 on 17/05/2010 08:53:50
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  11:25:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

quote:

There are many many more than 8 or 9 boa species. Your talking about localities.

Nope i weren't, I was talking about Boa Constrictor sub species, IE Constrictor constrictor, constrictor imperator etc. etc. I should have worded it better really, sorry for the confusion.

I know there are much more boa species.

Edit: I just counted the constrictor sub species and i was off anyway, there are 18 with another possible one.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 17/05/2010 11:34:38
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  20:55:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry mike,had to remove you last post due to it being copyrighted,if you had permision feel free to repost it.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  20:58:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just realised mike that i romove your pics from the first post too,put the links up again and i will re enter them

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  21:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries, those pics are available on google, or they were anyway!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  22:33:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

No worries, those pics are available on google, or they were anyway!

i know but they did say they were copyrighted at the bottom,better safe than sorry,

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  23:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I still can't believe how big her head is! I know this might sound a silly question but do they actually let you stroke/ go anywhere near there heads? Please take more pictures when she has settled in!

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  23:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries lee, not a drama!
She is great, she likes her head being stroked, stays there until you stop! She does have a big head, its nearly the size of my hand!
I really really really dont want a tag off her, it would be most uncomfortable!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000