How our first week has gone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  14:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some more pictures of Savara and I thought I'd just share our first week with her with you all. The 5 pictures below were taken on 13.05.10 this was the night of our 1st attempt at feeding which was very uneventful as Savara was not in the least bit interested in her pinkie at all.

We did try feeding again last night and yet again not interested, so I came straight here and read up on some old posts which helped a lot. We have a long piece of bark that goes the whole length of her home and she seems really happy in it sleeping at different places along it but after reading that everyone says they should have 2 hides we decided to do something about that today and she now has an oxo cube box at either end of her home. Well I took a few more pictures of her today as I rearranged her home and Jordan was holding her and I don't know if I'm right but I think she is getting ready to shed and I'm now thinking thats why she didn't look at that pinky because she has been really quite sociable and friendly, she just seems to want to investigate everywhere and everything and really hasn't seemed stressed at all and is always out wandering round her house every evening and night.

I'd be really interested in your opinions though you can see in the photos below those eyes look really cloudy and her colours look duller.

Tracey

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  14:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry the pics are a bit big I thought I had resized them all but seem to have only done the one.

http://meandmycornsnake.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  15:00:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can understand why she didn't take the pinkie as on these pics it looks like she is coming upto a shed. Her belly and eyes are very cloudy and skin looks fairly dull in the last 2 pics.

I'd leave her be untill she sheds and she should take a feed after that

Edit: Make sure you take some pics after hse has shed so we can see your nice new shiney snake.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 15/05/2010 15:04:16
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  15:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that about her belly the other day but was so excited about having her out, I remember thinking on Thursday that I thought her belly marking had been black. She has happily settle in the oxo box at the cold end of her home now but happily checked them both out when she was put back in.

Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  15:55:10  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lovely snake but i agree with danny your snake id very misty looking in the eyes more than likley in mid shed

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  16:10:05  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just check on her from time to time, won't be long before theres a nice shed in her faun/RUB

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  16:13:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
^ And hopefully there won't be a poo in it so you can keep it :D

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  16:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am her official photographer so there will definately be pics. She was really interested in the camera today which is how I got the good head shots.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  16:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw shes really sweet - glad she seems to be settling in well, and hope she sheds ok

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  17:45:21  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she is a lil cutie, hope she sheds alright :D
never know you might even be able to catch her shed and watch it :D now that is great to watch :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  17:59:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless her. Her lil eyes look really grey/blue defo shed time, me thinks!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  20:18:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's great news :) Snakes seem to love cardboard boxes more the special nice looking hides, they are like children at christmas playing with a cardboard box but not the £100 toy XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000