Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello 2 all im new here thought id join 2 get lots of advice on looking after my corns! i have 2 corns zebedee and coraline both are nearly a year old. so hi all

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:41:55  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello
Welcome to the forum. You'll find we're a friendly bunch on here and always willing to help each other. We're also very nosey and want to see photos of your snakes asap!!!!
Have a read of the caresheet, via the homepage, for loads of advice and info. Also ask questions if you're not sure about anything.
Enjoy the forum

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:42:31  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum..!
Can you post any pics of zebedee and coraline?
We all love to see pics!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Natalie, it is really good that you have joined us! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You have probably found that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I am not sure if you have experienced this, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

Hopefully when you got Zebedee and Coraline you were able to get as much info about them as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14. I am sure you will want to show Zebedee and Coraline off to us !

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You already have 2 snakes so have started down that corn path so be warned!!

How long have you had Zebedee and Coraline? What morphs are they? We are a very nosey lot and want to know EVERYTHING about you and your snakes !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:58:19  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
welcome to you and your corns.
cant wait to see pics

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  11:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome along how you find the forum as informative and enjoyable as i do :D

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  12:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome
Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  13:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the replies!! Ive had Zebedee since september last year he hactched on the 28th of june so had him since young not sure about Mophs but i will try n upload a pic n hopefully u guys can help me out! lol i got Coraline in january she hatched on the 1st of august so they are the same age, they are currently housed 2gether not sure they should be tho after reading comments on other posts?? theyve been 2gether for 5months now n not had any problems feed separatly n both are shedding fine, they have separate hides but tend to coil up 2gether.
As for the addiction i know what u mean! went 2 get pinkies the other day n got shown a month old hatchling who was beauitful but my partner has said no :-( Zebedee causes enough problems on his own lol he insists on trying 2 get out the viv through the gap in the glass dont know how he does it tho!! had to wedge cardbord in the gap weve only lost him once tho n luckily found him coiled under the sofa very scary thinking we had lost him!!!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  13:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  13:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
very sweet pic
but you are right, you should think about separating them - its not in a corns interest to be living with another corn all the time - its stressful for both and whilst it looks cute them being curled up together its them both competing for the same spot in the viv,
plus theres a chance that you have a 1.1 pair (male and female) and that the male will start harrassing the female for kinky time before shes ready to which could result in her dying if shes not big enough,

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  15:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i def agree with you i still have my starter tank so might put 1 back in there or divide the viv down the middle never really thought bout it in the sense of them competing!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  15:15:48  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are beautiful snakes. I'm no morph expert but it looks like an amel and a normal to me. What do the rest of you think?

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  15:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome
This is THE BEST place to get Corn Snake Advice

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  23:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  23:26:59  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome to the forum.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  01:34:17  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  04:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone is right in what they say Natalie, Zebedee and Coraline are beautiful snakes.

I would certainly listen to HannahB's advice and separate them as soon as possible. Although they may not seem stressed you cannot know for sure and you are not with them 24hrs a day. If you still have any doubts about it then read this thread, it gives both sides of the argument (and you will see what a heated topic it can be) but I think it shows pretty clearly why your decision to put them in different tanks would be a good one (and as soon as possible) - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070. I know it is a long topic but definitely worth looking at.

As I mentioned in my post, unfortunately it is hard to find good advice out there (especially from pet shops) and all too often people have been told it is fine to co-habit, without knowing the dangers involved. The best thing to do is to educate yourself as much as possible.

As far as Zebedee's constant escape attempts, well done for finding him when he went walk about and well done for plugging the gap with cardboard. I have used a paper-binder to seal the gap between the glass with Silvesta and it has worked perfectly.

And dont worry about it....a lot of us have OH's that say 'NO!!' , despite our bribery, blackmail and begging !!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 14/05/2010 04:19:05
Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  09:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah we are looking into spliting the tank in half 4 them! finding Zebedee was hard work lol i tipped my front room upside down looking 4 him i wouldnt have given up! had a talk about the hatchling last night n think ive convinced OH!! showed him all the pics on here of the beautiful snakes n hes won over lol. Its strange how he was the 1 that wanted 2 get Zebedee in the first place n i wasnt sure now im hooked n totally in love with them lol

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  03:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

yeah we are looking into spliting the tank in half 4 them! finding Zebedee was hard work lol i tipped my front room upside down looking 4 him i wouldnt have given up! had a talk about the hatchling last night n think ive convinced OH!! showed him all the pics on here of the beautiful snakes n hes won over lol. Its strange how he was the 1 that wanted 2 get Zebedee in the first place n i wasnt sure now im hooked n totally in love with them lol

So glad you are looking into splitting the tank, as quickly as possible I would suggest.

I can imagine what it must have been like when Zebedee escaped. We have had quite a few lost snakes with our forum members and they have been found in some very odd places (like in a computer and inside a towel that a member's grandad was about to use when he got out of the shower !!). Some have been missing for minutes, others for days and I think one returned after 7 months. The one thing all the owners had in common was that they didnt give up hope and kept turning the place upside down and following all the tips to try and find their snake. Lets hope Zebedee doesnt make a 2nd attempt !

Why does it not surprise me that you may have convinced your OH about the hatchling , showing him all the pics on here was a really good move!! As he was the one who originally wanted a snake I guess it didnt take him long to feel that corn addiction kicking in when he looked at all our gorgeous snakes.

I am also not surprised that you went from not being sure to being totally in love with Zebedee and Coraline - it is that old corn magic !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  10:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I managed to convince the OH so went 2 get the hatchling yesterday and the shop has lost it!!! 1 of the staff dropped it and they cant find it! it was an anery n beautiful i was so gutted but he then showed me another anery hatched feb 09 so older than Zebedee but i decided 2 rescue it lol as its been in the shop for over a year! hes 90% sure shes a girl snake got her out so i could hold her n she coiled around my wrist n just sat there! so im now thinking up a name lol i will post a pic of her!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  10:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Anery - Bailey