Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  11:44:46  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  18:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there.

Nice snakes, but like the others have said i'd get them seperate pretty sharpish.. Males become sexually mature before the females, and male snakes are persistent buggers, as Mike said in a thread male snakes will rape as it were the female, she will become incredibly exhausted from being harased, not only the case as I'm sure he others have said too, she could become egg bound if mated too early.

Edited by - hillzi on 16/05/2010 18:28:56
Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  19:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i really want 2 seperate them just not sure on the best way 2 do it how does stacking vivs work etc?

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  19:41:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome. lovely snakes you have there

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  04:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsie-j

I managed to convince the OH so went 2 get the hatchling yesterday and the shop has lost it!!! 1 of the staff dropped it and they cant find it! it was an anery n beautiful i was so gutted but he then showed me another anery hatched feb 09 so older than Zebedee but i decided 2 rescue it lol as its been in the shop for over a year! hes 90% sure shes a girl snake got her out so i could hold her n she coiled around my wrist n just sat there! so im now thinking up a name lol i will post a pic of her!

So sorry you didnt manage to get the snake you wanted Natalie....I cant believe they dropped it - the more I hear about this shop the less I like it .

But I am not surprised you didnt come away empty handed and your anery is gorgeous - although I am slightly biased towards them, think they are overlooked so often for the more 'fashionable' morphs when they are actually quite stunning....just look at my Silvesta !

Remember the 'one week rule' ....and hopefully that week will give you enough time to come up with a name for her. Try looking at this thread, there are just a few suggestions for snake names - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673&SearchTerms=Snake+names.

Please do listen to the advice given about separating Zebedee and Coraline as soon as possible....even if you need to do something temporary until you can arrange for permanent homes for them. Hillzi has explained very well just how dangerous this is for them, especially for Coraline. Have you given up on the idea of splitting the viv they are in, as it is really too big for such small snakes?
Am afraid I cant help you with advice about stacking vivs, but am sure other forum members do it so will be able to advise you.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 17/05/2010 04:21:45
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  07:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi welcome to the forum

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  11:41:00  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome!! :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2010 :  09:25:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000