New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've spent ages researching this, so thought I would ask now.

I am buying the above and have found all sorts of devices that don't exactly match my requirements.

I'd like it to have temp and hygro displayed at the same time (which rules out the exo terra), with max and min temps. A single thin (ish) probe.

The main thing is it must be tried and tested, as there are few reviews out there.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Simon

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are your requirements exactly?
You can get some that do both, but i would personally prefer one of each, then there is nothing else for each item to do, they are both specific to their jobs, where as a combined i would think are more likely to have a moment. Thats just my thinking, no specific proof of anything!

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:33:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Theres always the fact that he can't find any reviews for a combi where as there are plenty of reviews for the singles.

Is it for an incubator? I was guessing it was because where in the breeding section. If so why is a combi needed, or preffered.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  10:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for replying.
I just wanted as few holes as possible in my home-made incubator and to be able to see at a glance the current temp, max, min while setting up/running in and approx humidity. Many of the ones I've seen on amazon, ebay etc. have been single display (press button to change like exo terra model) or don't take humidity reading above 80%, or some other limitation.
Sometimes I'm a little hard to please :)
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  12:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest, i dont have any holes in my egg tubs at all, i know that the way i have prepared the vermiculite will keep the humidity right up all the time. I put the temp probe and stat probe on top of the egg box, because, where the ambient temps in the incubator are 27.5, i know that the temps will balance out in the egg box too, and to be fair, if it is a degree out, its not gonna make too much difference, bar a couple of days.
Not having any holes in the egg box also allows the moisture to stay in all the time, so the verm cant dry out.

Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  12:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay thanks. I just don't have the experience you have to be that confident in my setup as it's the first time I've tried this.

Does anyone else use a combo?

Simon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  18:14:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ebay may be your best bet for one of those although you've looked. I think separate ones would be better and cheaper to be honest.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  18:49:16  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use seperates too

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  19:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
which brand do you use? exo terra?
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  21:44:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have no idea how much the humidity goes up to on the exo terras so it might be worth trying to look into it a bit more somehow as they don't even state how much on their website which is poor. Take a look at this topic especially Monkeys post as it seems close to what your after. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9558

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  21:51:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mine are unbranded from eBay :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  08:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are also unbranded from ebay, they do the job perfectly!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000