normal or not
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  19:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have 2 adult corns (male & female) just under 600g, both eat,shed, poop without any problems so i thought i would try breeding them, so 2 weeks ago i put them together for a few days then separated them for a few and then back in again but since then both of them won't eat (missed 2 meals), is this normal

2.5.0 leos, sparky,gizmo,eddy,angus,malcolm,jack,bella
0.0.5 gargoyle geckos, zig,zag,marley,ozzy,elvis
1.0.0 veiled cham, baby norbit
1.1.0 Lygo picturatus, tiny, titch
1.1.0 lygo williamsi, papa smurf, smurfett
4.4.0 corns,anery-luciaetta,crimson-rosie,amel stripe-betty,coral-mildred,hypo lav-slinky,crimson-rodney,
amel stripe-bob,green spot snow- george,
0.2.0 mini schnauzers, murron,morag
0.1.0 german shepherd, eva

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  20:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure ones male and female?

They could be not eating due to the stress of being cohabited or it could be breeding season behaviour, males in paticular go off their food.

Edited by - hillzi on 10/05/2010 20:41:10
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can be quite normal, the fact they have been alone, then co-habing then back together could have made them slightly insecure or they could just be interested in doing nothing but 'getting their freak on'

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you think its ok to put them together every few days, the plan was to feed them on a sunday then put the female in with the male on the thursday then back out again on the sunday to feed but it didn't work that way as they are not eatting, but they have still only been together for 2 days a week for 2 weeks. or will i keep her in with him until i think she is gravid as he doesn't pester her.

4.4.0 corns,anery-luciaetta,crimson-rosie,amel stripe-betty,coral-mildred,hypo lav-slinky,crimson-rodney,
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What are you putting them in when you put them together?
Is it in one of their vivs?

When you do put them together, stick them into a rub or something else nice and large that you can monitor them in so that you can see if they've mated. Generally if a female is happy to let the male do the deed then you'll see them lock and you'll just have to leave them in peace until they've seperated and then do the same thing a day or so later and hope that she took.
That's how I'd do it, others may do it differently but it's what I've found works best for me.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  13:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was told to clear furnishings out of the males viv and put the female in, but i think i will give your way a bash and see what happens if nothing happening after a couple of goes then i will just leave them be and try next year.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  19:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do the same as you do, but with one difference, i dont change the decor at all, leave it all as it is. The idea is that the female wanders into the males 'territory', the chances that you would see them mating is fairly slim, although they are far from secretive!!

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  19:27:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i put mine into a seperate tub with nothing at all in. If they haven't mated within 30 minutes or shown any signs of mating behaviour then they get seperated again. If they have mated they get taken out after they've done the deed and their cloacas have closed.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000