I saw Elijah go blue!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  00:36:18  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well I was really happy this weekend , some of you may remember me posting about Elijah always shedding in 2 pieces, both successful sheds but always in 2 pieces. Well I went to do my daily spot clean on Saturday and I actually saw his eyes were slightly blue, really really feint, so I decide to try a himud hide in his faun for a couple of days, and he actually fed as well, yesterday, then last night I went to remove his feeding dish and saw his shed there , I thought bloomin' eck that was quick. And it was all in one piece, yayyyyyy for Elijah. He is now coming upto 2', that's physical length not shed length. His second shed was pretty messy, well not messy, just all scrumpled up. The bottom shed in the pic is the latest one.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  03:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is fantastic news Mick....I know what a relief it is when they have successful sheds, but you always wish for the full shed , all in one piece and great to show off !

It is great that you saw the fact that Elijah was going blue and the humid hide obviously worked, which is good to know.

He is obviously growing really well....just look at the size difference in his sheds , can you remember when he was that small little bootlace with a head when you got him ?!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  12:16:37  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats fab... glad to hear he shed well :D,
Cias shed the other day n it was all ripped/torn and in cant remember if it was 2/3 pieces but that was probs the first time he did that (although he decided to poo on it afterwards... lovely)

i agree with Kellog here, he defo growing well :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  16:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Elijah!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  16:33:22  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww, look at the size difference in those sheds! Growing up into a big snakie

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  18:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad he found the humid hide helpful

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  19:29:55  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I dunno about a boot lace though, more like a shoe lace, lol. but yeah I think he is doing great I can't wait until he is in his viv. Now that he has shed a few times now I can gauge better how often he sheds then keep an eye out for the eyes. I think it was just a stoke of luck that I saw them, I woud have got a pic but I don't think they would have shown up that well.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  09:57:47  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
glad he had such a successful shed for you

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000