New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twilight tried to cath me out by shedding in the morning instead of his usual evening but I happened to pop my head in the viv at just the right time for my daughter Beth and I to watch the whole thing. We ended up being late for school but hey - priorities right.

For the first time he has a tiny bit of retained shed, a tiny strip less than 1cm long and one or two scales wide. I tried using wet tissue on it whilst holding him last night but it hasn't moved. I don't really want to resort to bathing yet. I'll try kitchen roll later - do I have to really soak the area?

Well here are some pics - he's started to get the beginnings of some yellow on him. He's now 106g and 27 inches long. I'm giving him some bigger hides today - watching him try to squeeze himself into the small ones was like watching me put on a pair of jeans.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to say, the retained shed is on his back just behind his head. You can just see it on pic 2 as a pale mark between his head marking and first saddle.

Edited by - Sammysnake on 08/05/2010 09:07:04
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love that last photo, the reflection effect is great.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gorgeous snake and that reflection shot is fab

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:43:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely snake, a beautiful example of an anery :) How on earth do you take such lovely photos though without the blur and how do you manage to get the tongue? Am I guessing fast shutter speeds?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:56:40  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pics..!
Twilight looks really lovely!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  11:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice pics
with the retained shed you could dampen the area with a cloth and then use a dry towel to loosen it and remove it, if you do it whilst hes moving about then it shouldnt be as stressful for him as a bath

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:31:27  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Twilight is one of my favourites. He is beautiful. And i agree that last shot with the reflection is fab

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:40:35  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Twilight is abs gawjus and the last pic is amazing :D

only the best with that name ;) :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  18:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
How on earth do you take such lovely photos though without the blur and how do you manage to get the tongue? Am I guessing fast shutter speeds?

1. Get a cheap digital camera for Christmas.
2. Point, click and hope for the best.
3. Repeat step 2 about 100 times on each occassion in the hopes of getting a couple of shots in focus!!

Thanks for all the comments - I didn't even notice the reflection in the pic until it was mentioned.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:28:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
How on earth do you take such lovely photos though without the blur and how do you manage to get the tongue? Am I guessing fast shutter speeds?

1. Get a cheap digital camera for Christmas.
2. Point, click and hope for the best.
3. Repeat step 2 about 100 times on each occassion in the hopes of getting a couple of shots in focus!!

Thanks for all the comments - I didn't even notice the reflection in the pic until it was mentioned.

Haha I have all of those checked off and I even play with the camera settings but still no luck :(

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  19:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
loving the pictures!! he is looking gorgeous.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  12:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My baby has grown so much ! Twilight is looking so handsome Sammy, it is lovely to see.

And you and Beth saw him shed , how amazing is that!! Any you definitely got your priorities right!

Everyone is definitely right about the last pic...amazing with his reflection as well. You could cut that and have an up-to-date sig pic for him !!

Been away for a few days so only just catching up, do hope you have managed to get the retained shed off.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:03:55  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Loving the last picture. Twilight is almost the sexiest anery on here

Really beautiful snake.

Edited by - Rik on 10/05/2010 21:04:23
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  19:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Got the shed off OK with a damp towel but this seems to be the week for first times. Yesterday I found what I presume to be a partial regurge (last fed Saturday). It was dried out when I found it hidden away but it seemed to be skin and hair. Temps are fine and no other changes other than the mouse being a little bigger than usual.

He went straight to his warm hide after eating but has been sitting on top of his log for a couple of days since, away from his heatmat. I'm just leaving him alone other than fresh water and will feed again in 7 days.

quote:
Everyone is definitely right about the last pic...amazing with his reflection as well. You could cut that and have an up-to-date sig pic for him !!

Your wish is my command!

Edited by - Sammysnake on 11/05/2010 20:43:02
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  20:52:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's looking really good after his shed. Looks like hes starting to get some nice yellow colouring down his neck too.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  04:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Thanks all. Got the shed off OK with a damp towel but this seems to be the week for first times. Yesterday I found what I presume to be a partial regurge (last fed Saturday). It was dried out when I found it hidden away but it seemed to be skin and hair. Temps are fine and no other changes other than the mouse being a little bigger than usual.

He went straight to his warm hide after eating but has been sitting on top of his log for a couple of days since, away from his heatmat. I'm just leaving him alone other than fresh water and will feed again in 7 days.

quote:

Your wish is my command!

So glad the bit of retained shed came off with a bit of help, I am sure that was a relief. I am not surprised you are a bit worried about the suspected regurge....but I have heard of skin and hair being excreted in poo - although this has never happened with my snakes. Hopefully that is all it was.

Love the new sig !!

Now if I was to command you to send me Twilight....... (as if I would ever try to separate you from your snake )

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  08:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now if I was to command you to send me Twilight....... (as if I would ever try to separate you from your snake )

Beth said she would steal Twilight first and barricade the two of them in her room until 'I'd snapped out of it'. He has more than one level of security.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  15:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
twilight is abs gorgeous xx

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

holly n kellogs :)
Go to Top of Page