Example of stacks for Angelhope
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

This is a stack of 3 vivs and a cupboard, each viv is individual and can house a different reptile in each viv without them coming into contact or seeing each other.

This is just multiple vivs stacked up on top of each other.

So we have a viv stack (the upper image) and a stack of vivs (lower image)

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  00:06:12  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like the viv stack in the first image, although I would probably have the cupboards at the top, as I am a short a£$% I would need decent access to the herps

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  01:57:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would've chose the cupboard right at the bottom, but seeing as that stack only cost me 10 squids last year, I wasn't gonna be fussy.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:10:28  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Id's love a stack like the first one but it would be impossible to me to get it up the stairs and if I did I would probably catch a few walls and ceilings. The bottom viv looks like it was added later for some reason to me though *_* Where did you get he stack so cheaply Kehhlyr?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  09:34:01  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
£10 OMG !!!!!! I want to come and live on your cheap planet!!!!!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  10:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe from a previous thread it was originally a cabinet which he picked up from the tip or somewhere similar. I'll see if i can find the thread but i can't remember wether it was on here or the reptilian.

Edit - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4875&SearchTerms=tenner

There you go.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 11/05/2010 10:44:14
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  12:27:25  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow a £10 soooo not fair jelous muchly on this one...

not a bad find thou at a tip thou i suppose :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  13:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Id's love a stack like the first one but it would be impossible to me to get it up the stairs and if I did I would probably catch a few walls and ceilings. The bottom viv looks like it was added later for some reason to me though *_* Where did you get he stack so cheaply Kehhlyr?

That stack is SO easy to move anywhere, each individual 'viv' splits with a quick twist of a nice wooden lock thing.

In fact the lower picture has the uppermost viv from the tip stack on top of the others.
Brilliant for transporting, especially if you had to go from Say Christchurch to Oxford then further...... you know who you are ;)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  20:32:27  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

That stack is SO easy to move anywhere, each individual 'viv' splits with a quick twist of a nice wooden lock thing.

In fact the lower picture has the uppermost viv from the tip stack on top of the others.
Brilliant for transporting, especially if you had to go from Say Christchurch to Oxford then further...... you know who you are ;)

That sounds really nice *_* why does nobody make these kind of vivs widely avaible with the whole locking system.

Do you find that it is hard to open your doors to you vivs? Some people seem to comaplain about this a lot when having seperate vivs stacked ontop of each other and another common problem seems to be the wood warping especially if thye vivs stacked intop of each other arn't the same size. Maybe theres were bad quality vivs though.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  20:45:03  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the vivs weren't the same size then i imagine warping could be a problem.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  22:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they look fab but i only have 1 snake! . .would it not be a good idea 2 have something like that with holes in th floor for my snake 2 go between? A change of scenery type thing!!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  22:27:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angelhope

they look fab but i only have 1 snake! . .would it not be a good idea 2 have something like that with holes in th floor for my snake 2 go between? A change of scenery type thing!!

It could be done but kind of pointless if you ask me.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  00:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
[i]

strange route for anybody to take, but does seem familiar,

if you decide to sell will you trade in black pudding square sausage and irn bru, with a side order of scotch pies

Edited by - gmac on 12/05/2010 00:43:36
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  01:01:45  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Square saus and the Irn bru and scotch pies sounds like a deal.
Not a huge lover of the black pudding, but those pies!!! Have you got a 7.5??

quote:

.........Do you find that it is hard to open your doors to you vivs? Some people seem to comaplain about this a lot when having seperate vivs stacked ontop of each other and another common problem seems to be the wood warping especially if thye vivs stacked intop of each other arn't the same size...........

That photo was taken well over a year ago now, I've got that entire wall filled with the vivs now.
On some of the dodgily stacked vivs I do notice a bit of difficulty with rubbing but I have a support section in the vivs which also helps with cleaning weirdly.
I shall try to explain a bit better and get some pics tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  01:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Square saus and the Irn bru and scotch pies sounds like a deal.
Not a huge lover of the black pudding, but those pies!!! Have you got a 7.5??

on the phone with Eddie Stobbart as I type

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  18:07:03  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

If the vivs weren't the same size then i imagine warping could be a problem.

Yeh that's what I thought and it's why I have been put off getting one bigger viv than the rest :/

Thanks Kehhlyr!

I'm itching to order and build my stack of separate ones now.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  18:52:22  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I see your mrs has your bag packed ready to kick you out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000