Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  14:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Our Sid is an amel....beautiful snakes!!! Good choice. Isn't that morph guide amazing, I've already got a wish-list that needs a mansion to house!!!! Don't tell my hubby

hahha me 2 think i want a ghost now lol x

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

holly n kellogs :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  14:12:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Our Sid is an amel....beautiful snakes!!! Good choice. Isn't that morph guide amazing, I've already got a wish-list that needs a mansion to house!!!! Don't tell my hubby

he/shes gorgeous

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  14:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by holly n kellogs

quote:

he/shes gorgeous!! seen loads i want i might just move in to a viv lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  14:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by holly n kellogs

oh! god wish id of known that it'll be going so will a heat mat be enough heat i also have heat bulbs in there now and do u know the ideal temp for a viv mine stays at 25/26 celuius with the light on constantly

Holly, you cant feel bad about the fact that you have been given wrong advice - what is important is that you are here trying to get everything right for Kellogs!!

(Does make me smile that although you have had HER probed and found out that SHE is a female you keep calling HER HIM !!)

As far as the heating in the viv is concerned it is great that you have got rid of the heat rock. You dont need heat lamps and a heatmat. A lot of us just use a heatmat with a stat and then have low wattage low energy bulbs in the vivs - for our benefit to see in, not for the snakes benefit as they dont need the extra light or heat. It certainly wont be doing Kellogs any good having the lights on constantly. What temp do you have the stat set at? (I am hoping that you were sold a stat but have a horrible feeling you might not have been as pet shops rarely recommend them . If you dont have one you need to get one asap.) I have my stat set at about 28oC and it is on that temp constantly 24hrs a day. My digital thermometer shows that the temps fluctuate between 27oC and just over 28oC....which is about right.

Do you have a digital thermometer measuring the heat (with the probe horizontal over the heatmat) at substrate level? I do wonder if you are only getting a reading of 25/26oC cos you are getting the temp from the air....with a dial thermometer stuck on the wall of the viv.

I am so sorry you are having such trouble getting everything right for Kellogs but you are doing a really good job looking after HER and trying care for HER the best way you can. I just wish there was a good shop near you or a forum member nearby that could help....

xxx

Edited to add link to members map - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112536582355638684956.000464c58c16b0ffad1be&z=6

no to be hones dont realy no what a stat is.
i do have a digital therometer but uts around the middle of the viv but ill move it to substrate level its so disheartening to find out what you believe is total rubbish i eventually found a decent pet shop though now so getting everything sorted now
thanks for your help xxxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  15:37:50  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So pleased you've found a good shop that you feel happy with. If you need any more help, advice or support we're all still here to help each other.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

57 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  15:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So pleased you've found a good shop that you feel happy with. If you need any more help, advice or support we're all still here to help each other.

thank you very much really didnt know what to expect as ive never been on a forum or anything but youve all made me feel really welcome and sorted out most of my problems xxxx
thanks again xxxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000