Hatchling first strike feed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  23:07:27  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The mardy little hatchling was striking at me like he normally does so I though I would try wiggling his food to try and get him to eat again, last time this didn't work although he has eaten once before and I didn't wiggle his food.

However this time... he took it clean off the forceps, tried to drag the mouse up back to the hand which I was holding him in so popped in his container and he started to eat with his head upside down.

It's amazing to see a little one strike and constrict around it's food since they are so tiny!

Sorry that I keep bombing you with my stories, I can't help it, it was so exciting!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

jamie6125
Egg

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  23:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds great im a new keeper im due to do my first feed saturday cant wait

REX - charcoal corn
ALBIE - albino/snow corn
GIZMO - miami?
Bestie - copper/grey (escapee)
Rose - candycane
Amber- bloodred motley
MOLLY - dog
SARAH - rat

JACK AND GEORGIA - children
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  00:15:19  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww congrats i know how you feel i love watching them constrict a couple of my hatchlings did and dime did when she was young it was great (althou she still does to her it has to be 'dead' lol)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  06:46:35  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This was it's second meal ever since it was born like 2 months ago though ^^ and one of the non-feeders is now a feder so that's 5/6 of them eating. I don't thik they could make me happier apart from 6/6 of them eating.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  10:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so pleased for you Sta~ple! I know how stressful it has been for you having these non-feeders and having some feed and then not feed....so to have this one feed so brilliantly is amazing !! I am not surprised you want to share it with all of us and I am glad you do, I know that I always want to hear how your babies are doing.

Dont suppose you got any pics or were you too much in shock ?!!

You will get your 6/6....you have slowly got this far, you will get that last one there as well...

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  17:08:44  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was tempted to take pictures but it would mean I would have to reach over him to get my phone and I didn't want to spook him :( Next time I will be prepared!

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  23:22:48  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hoepfully will be 6/6 so good luck...

glad its 5/6 thou thats better than before :D slowely gettin better :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000