New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  04:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a lot of you dont weigh your mice, but Silvesta was on 2 x medium mice when we got him from his previous owner. To be honest I dont think he can have been on them for long cos he was really skinny and has put some good weight on since we got him. The medium mice I have been buying have been around 20g each. Wanted to move him up to large mice, knowing that it would mean he would actually be eating less than the 2 mediums added together, but it would be a bigger size. Sent OH to buy the mice and he came back with large mice that weigh the same! Says they were definitely large mice - he saw the name on the bag.

So, what now....do I feed him 2 of these or was the naming wrong and proper large mice weigh more? He definitely isnt up to the next size up, which is the jumbo's Kellog is on....they are about twice his width.

Any suggestions please.

xxx

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  08:38:10  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My only guess would be that you have been getting large mediums and your OH maybe got small larges.

Did you use the same supplier?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  10:19:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I picked some large mice up for Izzy at the weekend and they ranged in weight from 24-28g

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  03:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

My only guess would be that you have been getting large mediums and your OH maybe got small larges.

Did you use the same supplier?

No Danny, we went back to our old supplier having changed to another one because it was easier. Circumstances have changed and now we are back to our old pet shop.

Think I will offer him 2 at his next feed (maybe only first with stomach slit....which is what I had to do to encourage him to eat ), but think that from now on I will definitely be a difficult customer and get my mice weighed before I buy them.

You buy yours online, how many do you buy in one go? I have avoided doing that as I was not sure how many to order....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  09:17:12  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Large mice are around 25g - 28g and my Jumbo's are about 29g - 34g.

But when buying mice they come like Small Large , Medium Large and so on.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  16:26:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mice sizes vary a stupid amount :/ I ask to see and pick the mice I buy which the owener of my local petshop probably think's I'm being fussy but when I see pinkies the same size as fuzzies mixed in with the day old pinkies I know I'm not. I guess they are all about the same size? They might have been labelled wrong or they are just a small one of the next one up.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  16:54:42  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i only buy online when i am getting other stuff aswell but normly get a bag of around 50 fluffs. Also have some crawlers which are large fuzzies ready for when mine go up.

Buyinbg online is only worth it if you buy in large amounts or are getting other stuff aswell.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  16:58:48  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

i only buy online when i am getting other stuff aswell but normly get a bag of around 50 fluffs. Also have some crawlers which are large fuzzies ready for when mine go up.

Buyinbg online is only worth it if you buy in large amounts or are getting other stuff aswell.

May i ask what site you get yours from ? For Jumbo mice of 25 i pay £18. And Small mice of 50 i pay £20.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  17:48:49  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:

May i ask what site you get yours from ? For Jumbo mice of 25 i pay £18. And Small mice of 50 i pay £20.

888 reptiles. I only order mice when ordering other things aswell. Otherwise i just get them from the rep shop.

There are alot of other places but i find many of them have quite high delivery prices so its only really worth it when ordering large amounts.

Plus as mine are only small and are on pinkies and fuzzies so the mice don't cost much and its not worth ordering massive amounts as they move up quite quickly .

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000