Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  23:02:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here you go josh,heres some bargins for you.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snake-classifieds/508474-baby-boas-sale-essex.html

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  23:04:24  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ooh ta :D
Ill give that serious thought :) they look pretty. esp. teh darker one

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis

Edited by - josh9961 on 03/05/2010 23:05:26
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not sure how close that is to you with out knowing your postcode but there are some very nice ones there and worth a little drive

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  23:12:22  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah
Im not too far from there, cheers for the heads up mate. Im off now. Cheers for all the help and info guys

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  03:45:46  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Have you done much research? I just ask as i seen you were only 15 and although im only a few years older than you, a snake that grows to the size a BCI does needs commitment and you need to be sure that you can supply it with everything it needs.

I totally agree with the research issue, but I also agree with Lee that research and EXPERIENCE are 2 totally different things.
Having experience with something means a damn sight more than just research.
I wholeheartedly agree with the BCI thing, as at least there is research getting done and you have a SMALL amount of experience, but unless you have got a fair bit behind you I don't think it should be taken lightly.
I've been keeping snakes since both Josh9961 and Dannybrown weren't even tadpoles, and yet it's only recently I've gone to a BCI, this is not for my lack of wanting one, or for the ability and space to have one, it's totally due to the 'IFs'.
I don't give a shining rectal waste expulsion about people thinking of 'what to do when I go to college' and stuff like that, I think that unless the person wanting it KNOWS it's gonna be a lifetime responsibility, then don't do it.

I would've loved to have had someone look after my children when I decided to go on holiday, or when the missus wanted to go into higher education. But no, it's not like that.

The phrasing 'A dog is for life, not just christmas' springs to mind.

*rant over* for now

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  08:50:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Have you done much research? I just ask as i seen you were only 15 and although im only a few years older than you, a snake that grows to the size a BCI does needs commitment and you need to be sure that you can supply it with everything it needs.

I totally agree with the research issue, but I also agree with Lee that research and EXPERIENCE are 2 totally different things.
Having experience with something means a damn sight more than just research.
I wholeheartedly agree with the BCI thing, as at least there is research getting done and you have a SMALL amount of experience, but unless you have got a fair bit behind you I don't think it should be taken lightly.
I've been keeping snakes since both Josh9961 and Dannybrown weren't even tadpoles, and yet it's only recently I've gone to a BCI, this is not for my lack of wanting one, or for the ability and space to have one, it's totally due to the 'IFs'.
I don't give a shining rectal waste expulsion about people thinking of 'what to do when I go to college' and stuff like that, I think that unless the person wanting it KNOWS it's gonna be a lifetime responsibility, then don't do it.

I would've loved to have had someone look after my children when I decided to go on holiday, or when the missus wanted to go into higher education. But no, it's not like that.

The phrasing 'A dog is for life, not just christmas' springs to mind.

*rant over* for now

I know where your coming from K, and like said research and experience are 2 absolutely different things, and i agree i do have little experience. But i have the upmost confidence that i can look after a larger snake.

I have given it a lot of thought over the past couple of months, and i know that mighn't seem like a long time and i totally understand where your coming from, but i personally feel that i am ready to undertake such a commitment.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2010 :  09:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good, then make sure you know what you're getting into before you get it.

I have experience with HOTS and the lovely double doored concrete building to keep them in as well, but wont have them.
The reason for this is simply because I cannot honestly say that in the current climate I would be able to make sure every need is met.
I've got 6 empty vivs that have been earmarked for something, and a 5ftx6ftx2ft viv that's been specially built and earmarked for something special but at the moment I wont fill them. I have the finacial backup and the ability, but being sensible about life forces those things to be put on the back-burner for now.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  21:21:56  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you guts ever let your BCI's go for a swim in the bath etc?

I know in the wild they can often be found in or around water, so one would think that they liked to swim. Although its just theory

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page