Backgrounds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  19:36:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Iv been looking at the exo terra backgrounds for Izzy's viv. I think she is settled enough for me to give her a good thorough clean out now but the back of the viv is white and looks a bit dingy. I was going to order one of the backgrounds to cover it but got to wondering how easy it is to clean and how long it takes to dry out. Can anyone who uses this help? Also, is it ok to use 2 pieces or is one big piece better? I wouldn't want Izzy to be able to get stuck in the join but it's cheaper to get 2 45x45 pieces than 1 90x45.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  20:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i havent a clue about price or anything (mine came with the tank!), but i use one with my crested geckos
All it is is polystyrene with a pretty shape and colours - so it is nice and easy to clean and doesnt hold water at all

i'd say use one bigger piece just incase Izzy decides to go behind it, so its easier to find her again.... or something like that
They have sort of cutout sections in the top and bottom for wires, but unless your snake is a little skinny noodle i wouldnt worry about it

i can assume they are easy to attach too - mine fits perfectly in the tank so its not stuck down or anything
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  15:33:56  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks figs. She is certainly not a skinny noodle. She is a fatty and needs a diet and exercise regime. Think i will get a full size one to be on the safe side.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  16:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
full size would probably be better..you know what corns can be like for getting in small spaces!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  17:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use these for our leopard gecko in his new viv. We have two on each of the sides and we will be getting one large one for the back. They look awesome! They have runs down the back for wires to run up/down in too which helps them sit snug with the viv :)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:56:39  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got shed loads of these backgrounds, they were used as packaging for my scorp setup. I think I have enough to cover the sides and back walla of Elle and Elijah's 3' vivs.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  23:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered our large one for back of leopard geckos viv at weekend off eBay, really well priced compared to local store (which didn't have largest size anyway lol)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000