weighing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  00:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have read about some of you weigh your snakes, could you tell me the best way to do this please, my luna is only 9 months and i would like to keep a note of her weight also to make sure i am feeding her the right amount. thanks jen

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  00:14:32  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i use digi scales and put Luna in a tub (hope they stay in if not put a lid on with breathing holes) but before ya put Luna in the tub make sure the scales are set to 0 when the tub is on it then put Luna in and there ya have ya snakie weight :D

well thats how i do it other people probs knowing my luck do it a completly other/simple way lol :D

hope this helps :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  00:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can put zero the scales then put the tub on with snake in as well, then afterwards weigh the tub on it's own and subtract that from the first reading.

Saves trying to put a lid on the tub when it's on the scales if a snake wants to get out.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  00:49:08  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i tried haha but i did mean either put the lid on 1st or not at all lol (i risked it once n snoopy decide to try n bite me and 'leg it' haha so funny)... but as im useless in maths :/ (and cant bebothered to do the maths lol) i'll stick to my complicated way lol

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  01:17:40  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So long as you get a weight, then it can be done however you want.
I pick mine up and say "he's getting heavy".

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  04:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do the same as Crazy JJ, just use a shoe box with air holes punched in it. Weigh it with lid, zero, add snake and replace lid = snake weight!

I do it immediately before I feed them so it is a regular time and they know when they are put in the box that feeding time is coming....with as little handling as possible.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  08:34:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

You can put zero the scales then put the tub on with snake in as well, then afterwards weigh the tub on it's own and subtract that from the first reading.

Saves trying to put a lid on the tub when it's on the scales if a snake wants to get out.

Yup, this is what i do. Although i do like your other method

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  12:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you all for the help, luna is due to feed on tuesday so i will give it a go.
iam so tempted to get another corn but an older one. I can see how additive keeping theese beautiful snakes are. jen
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  17:16:48  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just got a digital set of scales with a big bowl - big enough to fit my snakes in! (one at a time!)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  03:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

I've just got a digital set of scales with a big bowl - big enough to fit my snakes in! (one at a time!)

Good luck with keeping Sprockett and Gobo in the bowl! May be worthwhile weighing the bowl with a pillowcase in it, zeroing it and then putting them in the pillow case when it comes time to weigh them?? Just a thought....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  17:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put Medusa inside a sock

Tina and Medusa x

1.0.0 normal corn - Medusa
1.1.0 cats - George and Meg
0.0.0.4 Giant African Snails

Location Cranleigh, Surrey
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  17:36:55  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Medusa09

I put Medusa inside a sock

I hope its a clean one

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic