Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  00:01:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few weeks ago my creamsicle laid its eggs and expecting rootbeers and just waiting now, but tonight ive borrowed my mates male snow corn and as soon as i dropped him in they were breeding within 10 mins! which is great.
As i said before i dont know the history of this snake so its all in the hunt to find what genes she could be carrying.
Who knows!

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  09:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope your eggs hatch well. I didn't realise you could breed them again so soon after. If someone had wanted me to breed again a few weeks after having my babies I would have eaten him lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  10:40:24  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I didn't realise you could breed them again so soon after. If someone had wanted me to breed again a few weeks after having my babies I would have eaten him lol

lol agreed haha although kiddies are defo not on the top of the list atm

ooo congrats anyway, hope ya eggies hatch

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  11:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure I would be wanting a double clutch from a snake whose breeding history you don't know.....

Good luck.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  11:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that I am surprised about being able to breed a snake so soon after she has laid a clutch of eggs. Surely she has to regain a healthy weight again before you risk mating her for a 2nd time?

I know nothing of breeding so dont know if this is the done thing or not....

I do hope everything goes ok.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I must admit that I am surprised about being able to breed a snake so soon after she has laid a clutch of eggs. Surely she has to regain a healthy weight again before you risk mating her for a 2nd time?

I know nothing of breeding so dont know if this is the done thing or not....

I do hope everything goes ok.

xxx

It can be done, but shes lost hardly any weight and had really good weight to start with and you must feed her up well again to do it and make sure they are healthy weight again like you say

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Not sure I would be wanting a double clutch from a snake whose breeding history you don't know.....

Good luck.

What makes you say that?

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

As i said before i dont know the history of this snake so its all in the hunt to find what genes she could be carrying.
Who knows!

What does it matter what genes she's got all snakes bred from your girl will be hybrids so offspring would be either creamsicles or rootbeers assuming you use male corns .

Edited by - gmac on 29/04/2010 18:30:56
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:

Who knows!

What does it matter what genes she's got all snakes bred from your girl will be hybrids so offspring would be either creamsicles or rootbeers assuming you use male corns .

Because its still interesting to find out and taking an interest in your snake and there are other variations now coming from different breedings with creamsicles too which i find also interesting

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:45:35  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck :) I always thought you could only bred them once a year though because even because the weight might be up that the vitamins such as calcium might not be that high but in the wild they would breed as many tomes as they could I think so who knows.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Good luck.

What makes you say that?

You have openly admitted you don't know her history. She has made it through her first clutch with you ok- but it seems a little rash and greedy to be jumping straight back in there and making her do it again.

Is this season her first breeding attempt?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Good luck :) I always thought you could only bred them once a year though because even because the weight might be up that the vitamins such as calcium might not be that high but in the wild they would breed as many tomes as they could I think so who knows.

I will only breed a 2nd time if i think they are really really healthy and can do so otherwise i use them just once a year.
Some triple clutch in one year but i think thats pushing it way to much even if breeding is started early like december/january like some do

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  18:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Good luck.

What makes you say that?

You have openly admitted you don't know her history. She has made it through her first clutch with you ok- but it seems a little rash and greedy to be jumping straight back in there and making her do it again.

Is this season her first breeding attempt?

With me it is yeh. But i wouldnt say its greedy tho. Its not something i do reguarly, in fact not often

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You said you put your mates male corn snake in with your female...

Did you quarentine it?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:01:47  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats just silly breeding a female so soon after laying

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

You said you put your mates male corn snake in with your female...

Did you quarentine it?

Yes its quarentined

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
With me it is yeh. But i wouldnt say its greedy tho. Its not something i do reguarly, in fact not often

You will be selling the babies, yes? And you want more of them, yes?

So its greedy.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You will be selling the babies, yes? And you want more of them, yes?

So its greedy.

Will be selling some of them to reptile shops yes but not doing it for any profit so no. Next year she will be only bred once or i may even leave her to rest.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  19:47:02  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So why breed her twice in one year and then leave to rest next year when you could jsut leave her be now and breed her again next year. As eeji has said breeding her again so soon after already laying is not only stupid but could also be dangerous for her health.

My personal oppinion is that, double clutching her now, the first time you've ever bred her is irresponsible.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  20:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd not do it..

All in one go, I'm pretty sure that will not do her any good.

Plus, if her weight drops, and she's due another lay, she may become egg bound and you may lose her and the offspring..

edit: wording

Edited by - hillzi on 29/04/2010 20:14:41
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  22:36:50  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I will only breed a 2nd time if i think they are really really healthy and can do so otherwise i use them just once a year.
Some triple clutch in one year but i think thats pushing it way to much even if breeding is started early like december/january like some do

I know but it's your animal or pet which ever term you prefer. There are quite a few females that have difficulty laying one clutch of eggs and become egg bound even though they appear to be healthy because of other things they haven't built up that you can't see. I guess it;'s like women having a child after they have just had one/lost one. It's natural but it does come with added risks.

What happens is what happens but I would get some sort of reptile vitamin boast to be on the safe side if she is now carrying eggs.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000