81 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  09:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Good luck :) I always thought you could only bred them once a year though because even because the weight might be up that the vitamins such as calcium might not be that high but in the wild they would breed as many tomes as they could I think so who knows.

I will only breed a 2nd time if i think they are really really healthy and can do so otherwise i use them just once a year.
Some triple clutch in one year but i think thats pushing it way to much even if breeding is started early like december/january like some do

I know but it's your animal or pet which ever term you prefer. There are quite a few females that have difficulty laying one clutch of eggs and become egg bound even though they appear to be healthy because of other things they haven't built up that you can't see. I guess it;'s like women having a child after they have just had one/lost one. It's natural but it does come with added risks.

What happens is what happens but I would get some sort of reptile vitamin boast to be on the safe side if she is now carrying eggs.

Yeh its a good idea, i have used it before. Got some time because it will be about 4 week before she goes off her food

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  23:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are wasting your time anyway, corns retain sperm, they are capable of double clutching even without being with another male.
So you actually have no idea what your gonna get, so you cant reliably say that you just want to see what shes carrying genetically.
In the wild, corns breed once a year, what you are doing is forcing her to be chased and most likely raped (noth that they dont anyway), you are also forcing her to possibly yeald another clutch before she is likely to be ready to do so.
What you are doing is unfair, unwise, irresponsible, bordering on cruel.
I just hope people dont follow your example.
Dont be surprised if you have to fork out for the vets, dont complain if you do.

Edited by - mikerichards on 30/04/2010 23:22:38
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  04:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

........So you actually have no idea what your gonna get, so you cant reliably say that you just want to see what shes carrying genetically.

..........what you are doing is forcing her to be chased and most likely raped (noth that they dont anyway), you are also forcing her to possibly yeald another clutch before she is likely to be ready to do so.

Dont be surprised if you have to fork out for the vets, dont complain if you do.

Thank you for commenting on this Mike, I had hoped an experienced breeder would give their opinion. I know that a lot of us who have been following this thread have our own personal opinions on what Andrew has done, but dont have the experience to comment - but you do.

I am just sorry he didnt think to ask whether this was a good idea before he did it and I pray that his female gets through this without being seriously damaged or even worse.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  13:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How heavy is your female andrew?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  17:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

At this very moment in time 900g

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  17:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

And she's not gravid atm?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  17:51:51  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

........So you actually have no idea what your gonna get, so you cant reliably say that you just want to see what shes carrying genetically.

..........what you are doing is forcing her to be chased and most likely raped (noth that they dont anyway), you are also forcing her to possibly yeald another clutch before she is likely to be ready to do so.

Thank you for commenting on this Mike, I had hoped an experienced breeder would give their opinion. I know that a lot of us who have been following this thread have our own personal opinions on what Andrew has done, but dont have the experience to comment - but you do.

I am just sorry he didnt think to ask whether this was a good idea before he did it and I pray that his female gets through this without being seriously damaged or even worse.

xxx

Totally agreed Judith.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 01/05/2010 17:52:26
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  22:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

quote:

And she's not gravid atm?

no. She a really heafty snake from when i got her.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  10:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you are double clutching a snake with an unhealthy weight for its first breeding season with you....

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shes Fat, grossly overweight, that in itself is irresonsible, you should be watching her weight, not allowing her to get so terribly overweight.
You wanna be careful you dont kill her with your stupidity.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000