1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  22:46:02  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its bad news, she is eggbound :(

The local furry vet is useless and won't even look at her or prescribe the injections needed, and I can't get into the rep vets until weekend :(
Tonight I started to massage the eggs with the help of a good friend with the necessary experience which has resulted in the egg closest the cloaca breaking. There are seven eggs left inside her so she's had a soak and a good drink and is now resting.
If she still hasn't passed anything herself by tomorrow night, then its massage time again.

This has got to be one of the most stressful thinks I've had to do while keeping snakes so I really can't imagine what she must be going through. Its safe to say, she is to be retired from breeding if she comes through all of this.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  22:54:43  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

its bad news, she is eggbound :(

The local furry vet is useless and won't even look at her or prescribe the injections needed, and I can't get into the rep vets until weekend :(
Tonight I started to massage the eggs with the help of a good friend with the necessary experience which has resulted in the egg closest the cloaca breaking. There are seven eggs left inside her so she's had a soak and a good drink and is now resting.
If she still hasn't passed anything herself by tomorrow night, then its massage time again.

This has got to be one of the most stressful thinks I've had to do while keeping snakes so I really can't imagine what she must be going through. Its safe to say, she is to be retired from breeding if she comes through all of this.

Really sorry to hear that Ian , If she doesn't pass them out are you still going to take her down to a herp vet ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2010 :  23:34:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope she passes them all...Can't the local furry vet ring a reptile place and ask about a calcium shot? It's quite scary how corns seem to end up being egg bound so easily and seemingly for no reason. I wish you the best of luck. How old is she by the way just out of curiosity.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  00:43:53  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i hope she passes them, i wouldnt even wana know how she feels :( but hope she is guna be ok :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  04:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so worried this would be the result as soon as you mentioned that there was a problem.

I am glad that you have a friend who has the experience to help you with this Eeji and I hope that what you have done is enough to give her the chance to relax and rest and then lay the rest naturally.

How long have you been breeding Eeji? Has this ever happened before? Any idea why it happens? Sorry, I know the questions are probably inappropriate at the moment , but I would like to know because it does seem to be a problem....especially following what happened with SB's Mushu .

I pray that your snake is strong enough to survive this and lay the rest of the eggs without the need of surgery.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  16:44:48  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Where abouts are you? There's an awesome travelling herp/rep vet down south. He does the zoos etc too.

Sprockett got a bit eggbound, and the vet gave her a calcium shot and massaged them down her as much as he could, and she got them all out over the following 3 days.

I hope you'rs is ok :( *hugs*

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  19:57:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for the thoughts everyone :)

Theres loads of different reasons it can happen so without scans its all guesswork. Its the first time I've had to deal with this, and honestly not something I expected from her - she was in top condition before being bred and a really big girl too :(

Sta~ple - she's 6 this year
Mouse - unfortunately I'm the other end of the country oop north :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sending lots of positive vibes for your butter girl. Hope she's ok.

*Hugs*

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:53:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
she's got a vets appointment tomorrow so hopefully it will only be a few jabs and not surgical :S The vets is one I've not used before, but is used by (and highly paraised by) our local reptile rescue so I've every confidence. Hopefully they are the animal loving type vets and not the £££ loving type :)

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2010 :  22:58:27  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck!
Keep us updated..!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  04:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

she's got a vets appointment tomorrow so hopefully it will only be a few jabs and not surgical :S The vets is one I've not used before, but is used by (and highly paraised by) our local reptile rescue so I've every confidence. Hopefully they are the animal loving type vets and not the £££ loving type :)

I do hope and pray everything goes ok at the vets today Eeji. At least you know that you are taking her somewhere that knows what they are talking about if they have been recommended. I am sure that if they are used by the reptile rescue place then they will be more concerned with your snake than your wallet.

It must be so hard for you to understand and deal with, having bred so successfully for so long and with her being in such a healthy condition. Hopefully she will be able to come through this without having the surgery.

Will be thinking of you.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  07:50:33  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck eeji. wil be thinking about you both today

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  08:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck Eeji, will be thinking of you both today. x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  09:34:43  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope everything goes well for you

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  15:59:49  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
she had a calcium boost and oxytocin jabs this afternoon at the vets, and also i got calcium for her daily dosage so fingers crossed :)

The vet was brilliant, I didn't get ripped off, so its one I would recommend too now :) (Pennine Vets in Bolton)

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  16:15:57  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww glad to know it went well :D hopefully she wil be ok :D fingers crossed 4 u n her :D

glad to know u didnt get ripped of aswell, at least u found one with the animals welfare 1st not the money :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  19:51:29  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope that does the trick for her.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  06:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am glad the vet was so good and has given her hopefully all she needs to help her lay the last of these eggs.

I know this must be a stressful time for you Eeji, so am thinking of you (and her).

xxx

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  20:14:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another update, she passed a slug on her own today, and the next egg is very close to her cloaca so hopefully she'll pass the rest on her own.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000