I've been a bad Monkey...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  17:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out for aspen this morning and since I have a few days off work I figured I'd go and check out a rep place that I've not visited before.

Went to a couple of local places but was sorely disappointed with them, then in a whimsical moment I decide to have a drive out to Hollybush garden centre over Cannock ways.

All I can say is OMG!!!! Quite a spectacle! I think I spent about 20 minutes amusing myself with people trying desperately to find a pygmy leaf chameleon (several of which confused it for an american green tree frog ) then finally pointing it out to them.

Anyway, I digress. That's not the reason I'm a bad monkey...

I didn't come home alone...

I just couldn't resist his cute smile and nonchalant attitude (he was half hanging off one branch with his tail wrapped around another just watching the world go by, as if to say 'Yeah, my branch. And?')

They also had a very nice butter corn in...

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  17:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awww lookit! so tiny and cute
of course you couldnt resist!

i take exact money to the shop now, otherwise i wouldnt be able to help myself and i'd have about 77 snakes and lizards!
cresties are awesome though
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  18:13:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very cute but he has a massive head compared to his little body. I'm guessing he's a young one?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  18:23:10  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OMG such a cute lil crestie. They are awesome lil chaps.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  19:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so very cute!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  23:52:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice crestie.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  01:17:38  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww its reli cute :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  04:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad Monkey....very very bad Monkey !!! (Although I am impressed with the restraint you showed in not coming home with the butter corn Miles! )

I am not surprised you couldnt resist, especially with him behaving the way he was - it is almost as though it was fate! How old is he and does he have a name yet?

I can just imagine you standing and watching those poor people desperately trying to spot the chameleon, until you magnanimously offer some direction as to where it was hiding !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  10:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all!

Yeah, he's very tiny. To give you an idea, the photo is of him in a standard livefood container! I didn't ask about an exact age as I don't find it all that important but at a guess I'd think around 3 months or so [*waits patiently for Danny to prove me wrong*].

The real irony was that he was my second choice; there was another that was really fired up and looking stunning but while I procrastinated for ages if I should get one now, should I take one or a pair, if one then which of the two etc. someone came and bought him (just as I'd found the resolve to take one home). That said I do love my cresties attitude and character (he was a little feisty when I got him back and was trying to jump at me in the tub). So, maybe fate did play a little part!

Overnight the lil' guy has been fine; he's clearly wandered around, had some food (and kicked some around) and a dump. Already saw him drink yesterday so the 3 basic health indicators seem good .

I had thought about calling him (I keep saying him, but it's really too young to tell yet!) Prem (as in premature) since he wasn't unplanned just arrived earlier than expected but think that may be more fitting as a nickname! Other ideas were George or The Saint (since he was bought on St. George's day) but neither are really sticking. So for now he has no name yet; answers on a post[card] to the usual place!

The butter was very charming but I've already promised that my next corn is a male miami hatchling and I'm sticking to that!
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  10:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, i would prob say about 2-3 months, that is about the size mine was when i got mine and she was 3 months old, sometimes it can be hard to tell because you can get small growers who don't grow really fast and some that grow really fast. lucky, he is lovely!! so jelous

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  14:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha!

Beautiful!

and Seriously cute!!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  08:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice purchase

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  12:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha the tilie made me lol bad monkey !!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000