Auboise at pets corner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  14:42:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I went in there today to see how much the shop had changed since it used to be Perky Pets and they had Auboise there for like £8.69 so for those with a pets corner near them you should go and get some/.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  14:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is an auboise

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  16:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aubiose is actually horse edding but is very similar to Aspen, except the price.
You get a lot more for your money with Aubiose, it's normally in 20 or 25kg sacks.
All of my animals are on Aubiose, it's brilliant stuff IMO.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  16:11:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It was 20kg of the stuff there. Apprently pets corner near me also sell reptile food and do local delivery by looking online at the website. I hope the Aubiose will keep until I finish off my just started pack of Megazorb.

Can't wait to use it though, I think I could get 6 cleans out of it at least.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  16:41:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Think i might swap to auboise after i've worked my way through the aspen i have. Will just have to find somewhere that stocks it.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  16:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

All of my animals are on Aubiose, it's brilliant stuff IMO.

likewise, I use it for all my animals. Especially if you were to compare the price of Aspen against Aubiose the savings are amazing.

Danny best place to check for this is local horse bedding suppliers.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  17:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so is it as fine as aspen? does it smell of anything? whats it like compared to aspen? sorry for all the questions

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  17:49:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Go on the Aubiose website and e-mail them and they will tell you.. Although they never told me about it being at pets corner shich is like 5 mins down the road for me. Some like massive garden and pet centres might stock it, something like DownTown but don't go there as they don't have it XD

It looks the same as aspen to me although I have never used aspen, I have used like wood pellets that don't have pine and Megazorb. I have to admit, I was very surprised how small the pieces were but I had been trying to keep an eye out for it everywhere I went so when I saw the logo I got my boyfriend to grab a bag, too heavy for me to lift XD

How absorbent is this stuff? And does it keep well.

http://www.aubiose.co.uk/

If you can't find a local supplier then this is a good website. Last time I checked a bag of it and postage was like £12 so your still saving money. http://www.surreyequestrian.co.uk/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  19:47:51  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
danny b any equestrain stockists can supply aubiose just google it used it for my horses over the years.. not bad stuff..

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  05:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to get Aubiouse and found local equestrian supplier, so sent OH and unfortunately all their stock had got wet so he came home with Hemcore....which is the English version of it supposedly. Is just as good as far as I can tell and just as cheap.

Think it looks a lot more natural than aspen and has different textures for the snake to feel. Did wonder how easy it would be for them to burrow through, but once it is fluffed up they soon proved it was easy as they both 'disappeared' from their vivs!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  08:11:44  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just read the instructions. Does anyone soak or damped the Aubiouse before putting it in the viv like it recommends for horses?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  08:24:39  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Just read the instructions. Does anyone soak or damped the Aubiouse before putting it in the viv like it recommends for horses?

Corns don't need humidity and the damp surface could cause an R.I or scale rot.

If you can dampen it though it could be good for other species of snakes which do need higher humidity, eg. Rainbow boas.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  08:52:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's what my first thought was but then I realised that horses don't need humidity and it still tells you to like mist it.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  10:14:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes but there is a big difference between horses and snakes. Horses would also live in a barn withplenty of ventilation and no direct heat source causing the moisture in the bedding to evaporate, this is what would happen in a snakes viv.

Corn snakes can also get scale rot if they are in direct contact with a damp surface for too long which would happen if the whole of the floor was to be dampened or misted.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  17:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

does it smell of anything?

It's hemp- so it smells like naughty grass

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  19:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*kehhlyr waits and guesses a time*

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 20/04/2010 19:07:52
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  19:08:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

does it smell of anything?

It's hemp- so it smells like naughty grass

Lmao I actually wondered if you could do that with the hemp bedding XD

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly